What to put in the applying for section of CG-719B?

I’m renewing my license, STCW, MMD.
Does this work for the CG-719B Form.

100 ton master oceans
1600 ton mate oceans
(I’m submitting a TOAR)
AB-unlimited
Tankerman renewal
GMDSS

Thank you

I would also put down any and all STCW qualifications/ratings you have, so they don’t forget and leave them off.

Sent from my SeaPhone using gCaptain

I could definitely be wrong in this but I thought you could not have oceans endorsed on any license under 200gt??

They probably won’t list the 100 ton since a 1600 ton mate is by CFR also a 100 ton master.

That is exactly how I did mine and I got it with everything I asked they screwed me on testing though had to take 10 modules because supposedly 100 ton master test has different subjects than 1600 Ton mate.

I already had my 100ton when I tested for 1600ton mate. I’m just renewing for the first time and wanted to get it correct or at least make it as easy as possible for the USCG.

Also, Since I’m submitting a completed TOAR should I ask For master&mate of Towing?

Yes. Submitting the TOAR will just put it in your records unless you ask for mate of towing.

[QUOTE=Rocket187um;62667]I’m renewing my license, STCW, MMD.
Does this work for the CG-719B Form.

100 ton master oceans
1600 ton mate oceans
(I’m submitting a TOAR)
AB-unlimited
Tankerman renewal
GMDSS

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Put them all down. And make sure to check the renewal box for everything you already have. Otherwise you might get a new MMC with your new licenses, but with the same expiration date as your old MMC.

[QUOTE=Capnklump;62673]I could definitely be wrong in this but I thought you could not have oceans endorsed on any license under 200gt??[/QUOTE]

True now, but there are oceans endorsements on older licenses that are grandfathered in.

[QUOTE=Capnklump;62673]I could definitely be wrong in this but I thought you could not have oceans endorsed on any license under 200gt??[/QUOTE]

You cannot get one now, but in the past it was possible, and anyone who has one can renew it.

Why does NMC have a checklist for 200 ton masters upon oceans on their web site?

B/c a 200 masters would not be LESS that 200…
:slight_smile:

But the same checklist had tonnage calculations for25, 50, 100, 150, & 200 tons.
I started a thread a while ago asking if a 100 or 150 ton license is a license not more than 200 tons.( An important distinction in the inland licensing scheme) Some people had the opinion that a 100 or 150 ton license was a 200 ton with a tonnage restriction, others that it was not the same.

[QUOTE=Shadow;62775]But the same checklist had tonnage calculations for25, 50, 100, 150, & 200 tons.
I started a thread a while ago asking if a 100 or 150 ton license is a license not more than 200 tons.( An important distinction in the inland licensing scheme) Some people had the opinion that a 100 or 150 ton license was a 200 ton with a tonnage restriction, others that it was not the same.[/QUOTE]

The exams are different for 100 ton master and 200 ton master so there is a difference. Although I suppose it is possible for someone to test at the 200 ton level and get a tonnage restriction due to tonnage issues on their experience.

I have a 200. A 100 ton capt can not run a vessel over 100 tons, a 150 ton capt over 150, and a 200 can’t operate over 200.
You get the 150 after testing out for 200 but don’t have the time and/or tonnage to meet requirements.

The only good thing about a 200 is it has an 500 ton ITC equivalent which along with some other stcw requirements, will allow you to work overseas.

Different tests.

1. You might consider bumping up the tonnage on your Master 100.

2. In general when applying for an original credential or an upgrade always include the phrase “and all lower endorsements.” after you ask for what you really want. That way if for some reason you do not qualify for what you ask for, they should tell you what lower endorsement you DO qualify for. Otherwise you will just get a straight denial and will have to submit (and pay for) another application to get a credential.

Does this actually work? I thought I had to ask for what I want specifically.

I would list everything I want specifically. I don’t trust the NMC to be able to comprehend basic English. They sure can’t read the MSM to save their lives.