Private boat burning off Australia coast - Feb 01, 2015

A man has jumped overboard from a burning boat after its engine caught fire in waters off the Gold Coast.
The fire started on the 40-foot boat just after 11:00am about 25 kilometres off Surfers Paradise. The man suffered first and second degree burns to his hands, feet and face.
https://www.youtube…ch?v=9a8WUeRLOC

Anybody knows the name of the boat?

[QUOTE=zee;153285]Anybody knows the name of the boat? [/QUOTE]

is it the mv BURNING DESIRE?

btw, hope the 2nd degree burns aren’t to the man’s face but going to speculate that this is a gasoline powered craft? Those things are simply EVIL!

statistically more diesel boats ( pleasure) go up in smoke than gasoline boats
huge engines, small engine room, diesel on hot turbo = bonfire
gasoline on red hot turbo = no fire till you make a spark

[QUOTE=powerabout;153319]statistically more diesel boats ( pleasure) go up in smoke than gasoline boats
huge engines, small engine room, diesel on hot turbo = bonfire
gasoline on red hot turbo = no fire till you make a spark[/QUOTE]

Well, duh … there are more diesel boats than gas.

Regarding “gasoline on red hot turbo = no fire till you make a spark” double duh … the autoignition point of gasoline is around 500 degrees F. The lowest temperature at which steel will be any shade of red visible to the human eye is above 900 degrees F. If you don’t believe me then prove it to yourself by pouring some gas on one of your electric stove burners when it starts to glow. Get the wife and kiddies out of the house first though and make sure they call the fire department and an ambulance.

thats why I said statistically,
ask someone from the insurance industry, if 1% of diesel boats catch fire its .5 for gasoline for example

Ok just hot turbo…ya got me there…
Not that gasoline boats have turbos but you see what I’m saying