go AB on tugs in the NW until you can get your time to upgrade to 500tons and get your TOAR as well. Most of the NW tug companies should be gearing up to work up north soon. Rshrew knows more than I about what the companies are looking for but AB unlimited would certainly be good for deck and you’ll be earning time to upgrade.
If you are going to travel to look for a job, I’d invest in the trip to Seattle. You have wheels you can sleep in like a van? Motels in Seattle are about $65 for a decent one and $85 for a nice place. You do not want to stay in the $45 night places though unless you don’t mind bugs and other guests with guns.
tug companies in Seattle you can see
- Foss (low probability tho)
- Harley (they got about 5 different companies under that banner)
plus there is
- Coastal Transportation
- Trident Seafoods
- Icicle Seafoods
- you might see if Kelly Sweenie has anyone looking for work
- a mountain of smaller seafood, mom and pop passenger and towing companies too
- before I forget there is Stabbert Maritime who just bought two ex NOAA vessels
btw, would also mention that there should be shipyard work available for companies working on vessels getting them ready to go north. Do you have any shipyard skills?