Left Coast companies that are hiring?

Going back to sea after a 20 + year lay off. Have my new MMD AB unlimited, RFPNW, Lifeboatman, STCW Basic and my Twic card. By the end of this year I’ll have renewed my expired Second Mate unlimited tonnage license. I live in Washington state. I’ve applied to most of the Tugboat Co’s and Seafood Co’s in Seattle. A couple of the Tugboat Co’s said they’ll start hiring March/April. I’m heading down to San Francisco to look for work next week. Not picky or proud…will take anything… anywhere… that floats and pays. If you know of any jobs coming up… you can reach me here or at cheapmobilehomes@gmail.com. Thanks for reading this.

save your money travelling to San Francisco unless you are a member in very good standing with a maritime union. The Bay is a closed shop environment. You have much better likihood getting out if you stay in the NW.

If you want the most $$$, consider the GoM. With a 2nd mate unlimited you should be fine to get a bridge level job.

I agree with NOT comming to san francisco .I live here and am born and raised here with a Master 500 ocean and master tow.there is NO work.

Where in Washington do you live?

[QUOTE=Michojay;64232]Where in Washington do you live?[/QUOTE]

Near Longview, WA.

Cathlamet?

[QUOTE=Bonerjams03;64275]Cathlamet?[/QUOTE]
I do live in on Puget island…next to Cathlamet.

Familiar with cathlamet and puget island, spent a lot of time down there…

Was just in cathlamet.

Had good biscuits and gravy in Cathlamet once.

[QUOTE=Puget-islander;64094]Not picky or proud…will take anything… anywhere… that floats and pays.[/QUOTE]

Try Brusco Tug & Barge 360-636-3341…their tugs float most of the time, and being proud is def not a requirement, but the checks don’t bounce.

^ Easy there big fella!

Try Northland they are hiring I hear, my buddy just got on with them.

Just got AB job in Florida.

Good work! Who with?

I live in northern Vancouver, and worked for a time out or Portland, then Seattle, and now the GOM. It is very diffrent down here, but the pay is 2 to 3 times better! In fact in a few instances 4 times better! With a 2nd unlimited you could be making 925/day here after a few DP classes and such.

I live here and am born and raised here with a Master 500 ocean and master tow.there is NO work.