Port Fourchon is very quiet

When I look out of the wheelhouse and see all of the OSV’s, MPSV’s Tugs, and crew boats just sitting there, tied up along the dock, not loading or unloading, no Fourchon shuffle, it makes me sick! So much money and hard work by those who dared to believe in the American dream being wasted and destroyed!

It is my hope that when election time comes around we make our voices heard very clearly. This country is fast coming to a point where our vote won’t matter anymore if we don’t act soon!

I am not sure what is going to happen next, but my instincts tell me that layoffs are coming across the board. I have heard of some pay cuts and work schedules being cut back to equal time on/off to help companies hold onto as many crew members as possible. After being out of work for over 20 months, finally (in May) getting my foot back in the door with a real job with benefits and decent pay is a real God send!

It is a crying shame that this country has fallen down to the level it has. Our political system is just about done! Our vote means next to nothing, decent and capable men and women can’t get close to the Presidency or Congress because of the corruption. This country without God is doomed just as every other nation before it. We need to turn back to what made us a great nation. It wasn’t our ability to wage war, it wasn’t our wealth, it wasn’t our national power, it wasn’t our legal or financial systems. It was our desire individually and as a nation to seek out God’s will for us! I will do my part …how about you?

[QUOTE=studbuzzar;41991]just going to waste because of a prick who has never had a job outside of living off the American taxpayers dollar.[/QUOTE]

Dearest studbuzzar:

I do not know to whom you refer but I can guess. I’ve asked it before here and I’ll ask it again politely…please do not post personal [I][B][U]partisan[/U] [/B][/I]political opinions on this forum. If we start down that path, gCaptain will turn into the same bloodbath so many other forums on the internet are already. Scream all you like over a government that does next to nothing to promote a healthy and vibrant merchant marine, howl at how regulations and laws are broken regularly which cost American citizen mariners jobs without any action taken by the USCG, CBP or DOJ, blast the BOEMRE for their extreme overreaction to the DEEPWATER HORIZON blowout, hell…attack me if you feel you must, but for GOD’s sake, keep the partisan character assassinations to yourself.

Thank you…

Amen c.captain, just look at Gulf Chat, Captains Booty website; completely deteriorated into partisan political bickering with no relevance anymore to the working oil patch.

Last week when I was in fourchon, there was plenty of activity going on still. Several times my wait to get into Stone fuel was several hours of sitting in the mud, It doesn’t seem as dreary and dead to me IMO.

As for the political side of this post, I’m staying out of that…while Fourchon might not be post Hurricane busy, it isn’t dead.

the silent majority,thats what we are best at…don t rock the boat, and lose your job, which will hurt your wife, and kids,just go to work everyday, keep your head low, dont attract attention. And if someone next to you has the courage to speak the truth,don t even nod, an expression of agreement,in other words keep your political thoughts to yourself. That way, the days will go on, and on,you ''ll get your paycheck., and continue to enjoy, our american way of life. You might feel a bit sick inside, for smiling, when you really are angry, or feel, things are unfair around you, but that is the only safe way to get thru the day. Let others be the target, not you. BUt, when you lay down on your pillow at nite, and go over the day,you are a bit ashamed of your cowardly behavior, that you did not speak up for a friend, or something,too bad,just ask GOd, to understand your fears…and pray He will protect us. P.S. Since I ve contaminated the thread with my ever loving presence, let me add one more thing, and I ll post no more, ,I am blessed, to work in a hospital, where the chaplain comes over the intercom, and ask us to bow our heads, for a brief moment of prayer,half the time, I m in the middle, of direct hands on patient care, but I still listen…and it is really different, from what I m use to, and kinda nice,it’s in a little quiet town in MS. . Never had that in New Orleans, when I worked, in the ICU. < ok now,I see the hairs on your backs are standing straight up,bring it on, baby>

JMHO…consider this…since this “partisan politico” issue seems to be reoccurring one…for those members who are “hell bent” on presenting their political “anus” for all to view…suggest the administrators of this site consider a separate section dedicated to such fecal matter??

[QUOTE=seadawg;42003]JMHO…consider this…since this “partisan politico” issue seems to be reoccurring one…for those members who are “hell bent” on presenting their political “anus” for all to view…suggest the administrators of this site consider a separate section dedicated to such fecal matter??[/QUOTE]

Now where’s that damn THANK YOU button!!

[QUOTE=studbuzzar;41991]When I look out of the wheelhouse and see all of the OSV’s, MPSV’s Tugs, and crew boats just sitting there, tied up along the dock, not loading or unloading, no Fourchon shuffle, it makes me sick! So much money and hard work by those who dared to believe in the American dream being wasted and destroyed!

It is my hope that when election time comes around we make our voices heard very clearly. This country is fast coming to a point where our vote won’t matter anymore if we don’t act soon!

I am not sure what is going to happen next, but my instincts tell me that layoffs are coming across the board. I have heard of some pay cuts and work schedules being cut back to equal time on/off to help companies hold onto as many crew members as possible. After being out of work for over 20 months, finally (in May) getting my foot back in the door with a real job with benefits and decent pay is a real God send!

It is a crying shame that this country has fallen down to the level it has. Our political system is just about done! Our vote means next to nothing, decent and capable men and women can’t get close to the Presidency or Congress because of the corruption. This country without God is doomed just as every other nation before it. We need to turn back to what made us a great nation. It wasn’t our ability to wage war, it wasn’t our wealth, it wasn’t our national power, it wasn’t our legal or financial systems. It was our desire individually and as a nation to seek out God’s will for us! I will do my part …how about you?[/QUOTE]

Don’t mind the majority of the responses here. I can understand being angry with the establishment within the context of our jobs. There is nothing partisan about that. In fact, I’ve read nothing to that fact in your post. It’s funny how people “guess”. If it went down that road, I would have locked the thread myself.

In several meeting over the last week, some of the oil majors have expressed optimism for going to work very soon - before November. Permits took 60 days before. They expect 4-6 month approvals in the future.

[QUOTE=seadawg;42003]JMHO…consider this…since this “partisan politico” issue seems to be reoccurring one…for those members who are “hell bent” on presenting their political “anus” for all to view…suggest the administrators of this site consider a separate section dedicated to such fecal matter??[/QUOTE]

Hmmm… Not a bad idea. It should be password protected and carry a monthly fee. Spew all you want, safe and sound, and don’t get any on the rest of us. I like it.

[QUOTE=anchorman;42009]There is nothing partisan about that. In fact, I’ve read nothing to that fact in your post. [/QUOTE]

Anchorman:

Just to clarify the issue…studbuzzar’s original post which he started before I made mine had the very offensive line which is quoted in my follow on post. He editted his original post about an hour later and took out that most offensive line. I won’t say anything further about the remainder of his post although I don’t agree with a whole bunch of it.

I am glad that he saw that his original post was offensive to others and grateful he took that out although an apology would be a nice gesture.

Thanks to everybody else who supported my plea.

I agree with c.captain such a discussion here would dilute the value of this forum. Anchorman has a point as well, if the discussion is relevant to the focus of this forum that is another matter. An example would be the moratorium on drilling or the Jones Act.

After listening to various blowhards all these years I have a fairly low tolerance for low-information political debate. In that time I must have heard an interesting or enlightening political view point from a ship mate but I sure can’t recall one. That doesn’t mean anyone has to remain silent, there are plenty of places on the internet or elsewhere for that sort of thing.

[QUOTE=c.captain;42021]Anchorman:

Just to clarify the issue…studbuzzar’s original post which he started before I made mine had the very offensive line which is quoted in my follow on post. He editted his original post about an hour later and took out that most offensive line. I won’t say anything further about the remainder of his post although I don’t agree with a whole bunch of it.

I am glad that he saw that his original post was offensive to others and grateful he took that out although an apology would be a nice gesture.

Thanks to everybody else who supported my plea.[/QUOTE]

I guess I missed that. I’m glad he changed whatever he posted. We don’t need anything that offends anyone. I suppose when we get back to work, there will be less thinking about not working and more about the job at hand.

I took the post a bit different…I see a proud American who is frustrated and disappointed with what he is seeing…I am guilty of the same thing at times…

I really don’t want GCapt to go the way of other forums…Politics seems to spread into every thread if left unchecked…I have participated in a few however that had a political section that seemed to work, and with respect from the users, it stayed where it belonged…Not sure how much work is involved in creating it but maybe something along the lines of our scuttle butt ( off topic) board might work…

If this is doable would it hurt to have a poll and see what the members think?

A poll would be a good idea. I’m something a a political junkie. Politics intrigues and sickens me at the same time. A separate political section would probably go over well. A thank you button is needed as well, IMHO.

Not sure about Fourchon but the Theodore turning basin south of Mobile is loaded with boats on charter to BP, but not actively engaged. Fourchon might be a similar holding pen. There’s my contribution of optimism for the day.

We do have such a section… Scuttlebutt. But that being said I like doug’s idea even better.

Maybe a separate section in a totally different website. I hear Ukraine website site domains are going cheap now. No since cluttering up the captain site.