Please help!

Hello all,

I am looking for any advice or help, I have a Zcard ith qmed ratings, a twic, and a passport my problem is that I came from the navy as a machinist mate which is an engineering rating so I was able to just test for my endorsements on my Zcard. The problem is that I do not have my STCW 95 RFPEW because USCG does not accept navy watchstanding for the assesments so all I have is the BST side of the STCW 95. I need to be at sea to get sea time and get the assesments signed off. Can anyone please give me some advice on what to do. I need a job and I want to get to sea so that I can get my STCW 95 RFPEW.


Your best bet would be to get hired on with a company as a wiper. Let them know that you do have QMED w/o RFPEW. Once hired on, you should be able to complete the required assesments for the RFPEW. That is the only way that I can think of that you can move onward and upward.

Good luck - Brian