Hello everyone. Im a new qmed oiler, buts its been a little while since Ive last sailed and am lacking rfpew. From my understanding it’s pretty hard to get a job without it. Would anyone have any recommendations for places that dont need it? I do plan on getting it, I just want to see if there is anything before I fork out a grand for a course. Thanks

Vessels not subject to STCW: vessels operating inland or on the Great Lakes, and vessels under 200 GRT operating on coastwise, non-foreign voyages or voyages to Canada.

You may also need Able Seafarer-Engine, but for that you need to qualify for RFPEW first. But it’s not too soon to start getting the assessments for AS-D signed off. You can find them in NVIC 18-14.

Thank you

US army corpse of engineers.