Physical still required?

I just stopped by the REC to drop off renewal application and they person didn’t want to take it because it didnt have a physical attached. My medical cert doesn’t expire till next year. If I did submit a physical it would be the one I used to get my medical cert because its under a year old. Even the checklist says a valid medical cert is all thats required. Has something changed?

I recently emailed my documents in for an upgrade to 1st A/E. My medical certificate expires in February, I sent in a copy of my certificate in place of the physical, it passed through the medical process with no problem

[QUOTE=abergeron;185525]I just stopped by the REC to drop off renewal application and they person didn’t want to take it because it didnt have a physical attached. My medical cert doesn’t expire till next year. If I did submit a physical it would be the one I used to get my medical cert because its under a year old. Even the checklist says a valid medical cert is all thats required. Has something changed?[/QUOTE]

See 46 CFR 10.301(b)(4):
[I]Applicants seeking additional MMC endorsements holding a current medical certificate are not required to submit a new medical physical exam if their existing medical certification meets all of the requirements of this section for the endorsement sought.[/I]