Phonetically inappropriate vessel names

I just saw the [B]Seaspan King[/B] headed North up the sound and wondered why a tug would be named the[B] Sea Spanking[/B]. Wouldn’t that sound kind of kinky on the radio?

What vessels have you seen with names that might not sound like the office intended?

not at all…you completely need to use a different inflection and emphasis on the syllables to turn SEASPAN KING to the other. However being from the NW, you might recall the vessel SPHINCTER there in the Ship Canal once upon a time?

Now to name a vessel the F. EWELL II might raise an eyebrow in Fooshon.

My AIS screen can only display a certain number of characters.

The BC ferry QUEEN OF CUMBERLAND appears on my AIS as QUEEN OF CUM…

That ain’t no shit.

There’s the ever popular Titan Uranus…hell of a name for a vessel full of seamen.

There’s a vessel in Alaska named the Alaska Titan…it shows up on my AIS with all but the final “an”. You do the math.

The one that comes to mind is the M/V Morning Cedar, which is not dirty tell you think about it…morning Wood:-)

[QUOTE=Signal Red;118896]The one that comes to mind is the M/V Morning Cedar, which is not dirty tell you think about it…morning Wood:-)[/QUOTE]
I saw a subdivision once that had a sign up, “Morning Wood Estates”.

My sailboat will be the S/v Hawood Jablome

And my power boat the M/V. Craven Moorhead

There is the furniture store, Sofa King, and I hear that they like to advertise how good they are in just three words. . . .

SEA HOR just came up on AIS. I assume that’s actually SEA HOR(se), or maybe just an alias for the Queen of Cumberland …

I’m always a little.surprised when. Mr. Seaman comes shooting out of the canal with no warning …

Before NMC was in West VA, I used to drive by this place on my way to work:

…which, you never know, may well be what they use at said day spa.