Our favorite clown Captain now a fugitive from justice!

[QUOTE=injunear;78170]I got 22…frightening…My grandkids were impressed![/QUOTE]

Do kids today even know of Hanna-Barbera or the “old” Warner Brothers or Jay Ward?

Btw, I never could abide the MGM cartoons and even worse were the Walt Disney! I swear there isn’t a single Disney cartoon character that is at all endearing? Mickey? Come on…really?

Here’s another to exercise the braincells…what was the studio that did the Popeye cartoons!

Ah hell…I’m bored and I don’t want someone else to beat me to it:

But first, I want to thank the JP Patches shows both in the morning and the afternoon for imparting to me many fond memories of a now distant childhood spent in front of what was then a very innocent boob toob! Kids today don’t have that innocence and it’s very sad they don’t.

1. Yogi Bear
  2. BooBoo Bear
  3. Huckleberry Hound
  4. Top Cat
  5. SnagglePuss (“heavens to Murgatroyd” & “exit stage left”)
    13 Touche Turtle
  6. Quick Draw McGraw (alias El Kabong)
  7. Astro (ruh roh!)
  8. Pirate (Johnnie Quest’s dog)
  9. Hardee HarHar (Lippy the Lion’s sidekick always pessimistic)
  10. Lippy the Lion
  11. Atom Ant (up and attem…atom ant!)
  12. Augie Doggy
  13. Daddy Doggie (talked like Jimmy Durante)
  14. DumDum (Touche Turtle’s sidekick)
  15. Babaloo (Quickdraw McGraw’s sidekick)
  16. Secret Squirrel
  17. Morroco Mole (Secret Squirrel’s sidekick)
  18. Squidly Diddly (why Navy sailors are commonly known as Squids)
    42, Peter Potamous
  19. McGillah Gorillah
  20. Muttley (from the Whacky Races muttering and snickering incessently)
  21. Wally Gator
  22. Dino

24 for me and DIDN’T LOOK ANY UP! If you challenge me…I’ll kill you!

Now I wonder if there is a similar poster of all the Hanna Barbera human characters? Ranger Smith? Fred, Barney, Wilma, Betty & Mr. Slate? George, Jane, Judy, Elroy, & Mr. Spacely?

You need your own show for sure.

#20 is Bandit

[QUOTE=Jeffery_P_Oliver;78226]#20 is Bandit[/QUOTE]

DOH! of course it’s Bandit. I knew that…

I’ll slink off to self imposed exile now

Noooo! I recognized many but can’t name but about 10. I sure miss my cartoons. Nothing but crap on now. My favorite was Mighty Mouse.

Like I said, it was a time then kids grew up in a much more innocent world. Local TV clowns like JP Patches & network shows like Captain Kangaroo. Do they even have Saturday morning cartoons anymore? I honestly don’t know what the longterm outcome will be for kids who grow up in the world of today? I have a 12 year old daughter and I see what’s on Disney Channel and Nickelodeon. I shake my head how kids now get a never ending message of entitlement. There are some good programs for very young children which my little girl and I used to enjoy together like Sprout (I always wondered if Nina in her PJ’s was a smouldering sex kitten behind that facade?) but there is next to nothing in between that and fucking shows like “I Carly” or “Shake it Up”!

To this day, the old Warner Brothers toons never ever get old. They are now classics for the ages!

I have a 13 year old daughter. I feel your pain and sympathize. There is nothing but crap on tv these days. Even some of the stuff my 6 yo watches on nick Jr. Is questionable.

It’s not just the shows it’s those damned commercials too. My 7 year old said “show me the Carfax” one day. He watches DVD’s or Netflix Kids now.

A loop, a whirl, a vertical climb and once again you know it’s time for Rocky and his friends.

Johnny Quest my all time favorite!