OUPV/Master 100 ton complications

So im a little lost currently… I possess an OUPV Operator of unispected passenger vessels. We all know the OUPV is good for vessels up to 100 tons and when upgrading to the master its granted in 25/50/100 ton increments. My question is could I run a 97 GRT Inspected vessel as a 2nd captain or in otherwords mate on this vessel as long as the 6 passengers for higher is never surpassed? Considering that is what makes the difference between an uninspected and inspected vessel? My Master class is finished however I will only be granted 50 tons due to a change in requirements that took place in March so im technically losing 50 tons here… however pretty much what im curious of is if that is legal with an oupv? Im just a few days shy of 100 tons fully… plus the lengthy paperwork process. And i’m not trying to necessarilly do this I’m more curious than anything. I’m trying to learn a new industry after captaining Parasail boats for two years from Northwest FL, Alabama, along with the USVI…

[QUOTE=Brandon Jackson;148171]So im a little lost currently… I possess an OUPV Operator of unispected passenger vessels. We all know the OUPV is good for vessels up to 100 tons and when upgrading to the master its granted in 25/50/100 ton increments. My question is could I run a 97 GRT Inspected vessel as a 2nd captain or in otherwords mate on this vessel as long as the 6 passengers for higher is never surpassed? Considering that is what makes the difference between an uninspected and inspected vessel? My Master class is finished however I will only be granted 50 tons due to a change in requirements that took place in March so im technically losing 50 tons here… however pretty much what im curious of is if that is legal with an oupv? Im just a few days shy of 100 tons fully… plus the lengthy paperwork process. And i’m not trying to necessarilly do this I’m more curious than anything. I’m trying to learn a new industry after captaining Parasail boats for two years from Northwest FL, Alabama, along with the USVI…[/QUOTE]

If you re-phrase the question, the answer becomes pretty obvious, i.e. can I work on a vessel that [B]IS[/B] inspected with an endorsement that is only valid on a vessel that [B]IS NOT [/B]inspected?

To state what should now be obvious, you have to hold an endorsement as mate or master valid for the tonnage and route of the vessel.