OS Mainer down in the gulf area looking for work!

I drove down from maine! In search of a job as an OS. Have been down here since Thursday running all over the cut off area as well as Houma. Sending out job applications and resumes to just about any company I could find. I was an offshore lobsterman and tuna fisherman for 3 years and went to Maine maritime for a year, so I do have offshore experience. However that is not considered oil field offshore experience… More focused on getting experience than pay, really trying to build up my mariner resume.

Does anyone have any ideas or leads as to how I could get hired as an OS between the cut off and Houston area? I’m on my way towards Morgan city and ten Houston, going to target smaller companies now I suppose…

Thanks!!!

You need to do some research on this forum. Use the search button. Jemplayer layed out a comprehensive how to guide for greenhorns like yourself. This topic has been beaten to bloody pulp in the last 2 years. Clearly you have spent very little time trolling on this forum. There is an unbelievable wealth of information on here…available to those who take the time to read AND comprehend what is written. This topic has made the veterans of the forum so disenfranchised that they will rarely bust out the “pointy stick”…that has got to tell you something. Take the time and read. I check the forum everyday that I can. Good Luck and stay safe out there.

Go see Taylor Cenac at Gulf Offshore Marine

and may God have mercy on your immortal soul…

[QUOTE=ChetJordMMA;125973]I drove down from maine! In search of a job as an OS. Have been down here since Thursday running all over the cut off area as well as Houma. Sending out job applications and resumes to just about any company I could find. I was an offshore lobsterman and tuna fisherman for 3 years and went to Maine maritime for a year, so I do have offshore experience. However that is not considered oil field offshore experience… More focused on getting experience than pay, really trying to build up my mariner resume.

Does anyone have any ideas or leads as to how I could get hired as an OS between the cut off and Houston area? I’m on my way towards Morgan city and ten Houston, going to target smaller companies now I suppose…

Thanks!!![/QUOTE]

Check rigzone.com. There have recently been a couple of good OS drill rig jobs posted there.