OICNW question

There is one assessment that has to be done on a simulator. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to get this one assessment done. This is the last one I have to complete. Thanks for the help everyone you all have been a great help.

What assessment?

It’s OICNW 2-3I.

Would it be possible for you to post the requirements of the assessment? I recently finished my OINCW and was able to do so without going to a simulator and all I know have done the same. Maybe I missed something?
Thanks

Sure here it is

TABLE A-II/1 Specification of Minimum Standard of Competence
OFFICER IN CHARGE OF A NAVIGATIONAL WATCH
Candidate Candidate’s Mariner Reference No.
Assessor Position
Vessel or School Assessor’s Mariner
Reference No.
Date
ASSESSMENT NO. OICNW-2-3I
FUNCTION: Navigation at the Operational Level
COMPETENCE: Maintain a safe navigational watch
KNOWLEDGE, UNDERSTANDING & PROFICIENCY: Watchkeeping – Thorough knowledge
of effective bridge teamwork procedures
TASK: BRM Condition II or III – Prioritization
PERFORMANCE CONDITION: On a full-mission ship simulator during an exercise at sea, and
with a bridge team in place, while navigating in congested near- coastal waters in good
visibility, and assigned duties as an officer in a bridge team, and given the following:

1. a vessel on own ship’s starboard bow changes course and creates a risk of collision;
  2. there is insufficient water depth for own ship to turn to starboard;
  3. the diesel engines are using heavy fuel;
  4. a vessel ahead is on a reciprocal course 1.5 nm away with a CPA of 0.5 nm on the
    port side; and
  5. the GMDSS distress alarm sounds.
    PERFORMANCE BEHAVIOR: Determine the appropriate action to take…
    PERFORMANCE STANDARD:
    The candidate:
  6. assesses the situation;
  7. determines in which priority action must be taken for the safety of the vessel;
  8. recommends that the engines be slowed or stopped in sufficient time to avoid the
    collision with the vessel on the starboard bow; and
  9. after the danger of collision is over, acknowledges the distress call.

[QUOTE=sailormike;81658]There is one assessment that has to be done on a simulator. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to get this one assessment done. This is the last one I have to complete. Thanks for the help everyone you all have been a great help.[/QUOTE]

I am new in here and if I posting that message is at wrong tread…I have a job offer from Brazil on a Tugboat,but I am not yet US Citizen (6 months away from it)
I have 25 years of Marine Industry expiriense and have International /European Captain License issued in Israel (back in 1987) in US I am rated by USCG as OS I have TWIC MROP and waiting to be able to take the written exam to become a 100T Captain,someone knows if I can work in Brazil or other non US place or US flaged vessel with my existing Captain License, until I becoming a US Citizen? I really do not feel to go back and work as deckhand or OS with my expirience and age.

Please advise

I think you have to take a BRM class for that one.