OICNW less than 200. What good is it?

I currently have Master of Towing, 500 Master, 1600 Mate, all Great Lakes. I am in the process of upgrading to NC.

My license also says OICNW limited to vessels of less than 200 gross tons domestic, limited to NC voyages.

But I don’t have a domestic near coastal license. In what situation can I work on the OICNW?

I don’t know anything about deck licenses, but have you checked to see if there is a domestic equivalent that you qualify for? Maybe it was an omission by the NMC or maybe you have to apply for it?

[QUOTE=catherder;153684]I don’t know anything about deck licenses, but have you checked to see if there is a domestic equivalent that you qualify for? Maybe it was an omission by the NMC or maybe you have to apply for it?[/QUOTE]
After talking to nmc it sounds like I got the OICNW because I requested it but not the 200 NC, because I didn’t request it.

[QUOTE=seriously;153695]After talking to nmc it sounds like I got the OICNW because I requested it but not the 200 NC, because I didn’t request it.[/QUOTE]

I would go back and apply for it. I don’t know if you’ll have to pay the eval and issuance fee but it may be worth it.