"ODE to the c.captain"

[QUOTE=cappy208;131596]And that my friend is a perfect example of an Oxymoron! ‘Very good’ and ‘wooden boat’ don’t belong in the same sentence!!![/QUOTE]

That sir is a great insult which I take the most possible umbrage with…every wooden boat is a boat of unique character and soul. Wooden boats were “built” by shipwrights while plastic boats are “produced” by workers. No matter how dilapidated and rotten every wood boat deserves to be honored for being something special which was created and not just made.

Here, here

[QUOTE=Wrench;131554]I only hope they see beyond the smoke and mirrors of a few.[/QUOTE]

SMOKE AND MIRRORS! From me? Nothing but straight talk from this seaman all day, everyday…24/7/365! Sorry that you had your little peepee hurt by my opinions but it now looks like your wanker is a lot more red and sore from you stepping all over it here. As I said before…WELL DONE & BRAVO ZULU to you!

Now enough of this thread and our little man…or woman (who the hell knows?)

[QUOTE=Wrench;131537]I’m not sure this belongs in this forum. Although it is about a “mariner” it’s about someone far from “professional.”

I’ll reserve comment for right now. But I am curious what other Members thoughts are on this c.captain???[/QUOTE]

Your doubts about starting this thread were well founded. You should have listened to your instincts. This type of personal attack thread does not belong on gcaptain.

Given your lack of tenure on gcaptain, you are in no position to be taking on c.captain, or anyone else. However, if you want to contribute some informative posts, I’ll be glad to thank you for them.

I like c.captain. I find him to be an extremely knowledgeable mariner and a very informative contributor. He is right on the mark more often than not. He is often funny as hell. I disagree with him on numerous issues, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t value his contributions, and respect his opinions. Several times I have doubted or disagreed with him, only to learn later how right he was. Sometimes he overstates his case in the wrong tone. Well, shit happens. I do sometimes wish that he would not detract from his own credibility by getting too carried away. As my father use to say “anyone who is worth a damn will have people that swear by him, and people that swear about him.” All in all, c.captain is a very helpful contributor.

Wrench. I hope this thread doesn’t stop you from posting. I have learned a few things from your contributions.

[QUOTE=c.captain;131598]That sir is a great insult which I take the most possible umbrage with…every wooden boat is a boat of unique character and soul. Wooden boats were “built” by shipwrights while plastic boats are “produced” by workers. No matter how dilapidated and rotten every wood boat deserves to be honored for being something special which was created and not just made.[/QUOTE]
And, to use this example is the best way to point out the strengths of the Gcaptain website. Even though two old, curmudgeonly cantankerous grumpy old bastards can disagree, when it comes down to the free exchange of knowledge, general seamanship, and sometimes insightful aspects of the industry, this website can’t be beat. Even if you don’t agree, it is still a valuable tool to share knowledge by.

No company edits, no outside influence alters the info on here. Sometimes the info is dead on. Othertimes it is ‘old wives tales’ or sea lawyering at its best. But, you generally get the truth (sooner, rather than later) . Where else can you get pertinent info, without paying for membership. Even the school kids on here get better career info from this sight, than they do from their own career counselors!

[QUOTE=cappy208;131606]And, to use this example is the best way to point out the strengths of the Gcaptain website. Even though two old, curmudgeonly cantankerous grumpy old bastards can disagree, when it comes down to the free exchange of knowledge, general seamanship, and sometimes insightful aspects of the industry, this website can’t be beat. Even if you don’t agree, it is still a valuable tool to share knowledge by.[/QUOTE]

hear, hear…sir!

[QUOTE=MFOWelectrician;131605]Wrench. I hope this thread doesn’t stop you from posting. I have learned a few things from your contributions.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, post away. But, if you’re gonna sling shit, be prepared for the backscatter. It’s a two way street!

Roger that!

C.capt posts alot of interesting articles on here and he makes plenty of other great contributions as well. While I dont agree with his politics at all or his sometimes brash and overbearing posting style or his need to use CAPS TO MAKE A POINT I say he is a vital member of this anonymous internet forum.

I imagine C.Captain is a lonely old man. All he has is the job and this site where he comes to wield his little pointy stick. It’s probably the last thing that will stay hard for him.

And what bullshit about this being an out of place thread. C.Captain bashes everyone on here so let him take his medicine.

[QUOTE=cappy208;131606] Even the school kids on here get better career info from this sight, than they do from their own career counselors![/QUOTE]

Exactly correct - Members here were very helpful in steering me to my first commercial shipping assignment last summer.

RE C.Captain - You may not like how he conveys his message but you have to respect someone who gives nothing but straight, unvarnished insight and opinion. You will never have to second guess where he stands on an issue.

I like many of his posts. We all may not agree with each others views, but that is the American way. If we all agreed, it would suck, think about it.

[QUOTE=beekerbetter;131624]I imagine C.Captain is a lonely old man. All he has is the job and this site where he comes to wield his little pointy stick. It’s probably the last thing that will stay hard for him…[/QUOTE]

You sir, are an idiot.

C.Captain has a GREAT job doing what I aspire to someday. He also has a fine collection of vintage autos, trucks and his latest project of restoring “ORCA”. Each of those hobbies has it’s own network of associates distinct from the gCaptain cyber community.

What is out of place is the personal attack of one of the most prolific contributors to this site.

Snore. You guys need to find a good woman or any woman if you would prefer to ay homage to anyone on this site aside from its employees

My, my, my…Did I step on the GCaptain Sacred Cow??? LMFAO!!! I was hoping for these sort of responses. Now THIS has been some funny shit right here!!!

Is this a forum of professional mariners or 14 year old girls?

both I think

[QUOTE=Wrench;131641]My, my, my…Did I step on the GCaptain Sacred Cow??? LMFAO!!! I was hoping for these sort of responses. Now THIS has been some funny shit right here!!![/QUOTE]

Trolling is an infractable offense.

Yes. Now would you go get a can of WD-40 and go grease the tow winch. (Like you usually do) PS. The remote isn’t broken. I just took out the batteries. (Again!) Get out of the galley and go to work.