Professional Mariner Forum!

This forum is getting ridiculous.

1. If you don’t know the USCG website get off this forum now.
  2. Start researching before you ask questions. Again they are all at www.uscg.mil/nmc
  3. Stop asking for handouts.

Just saying! If you stop asking dumb shit the c captain will get off your ass.

[QUOTE=CaptHH;96596]This forum is getting ridiculous.

2. Start researching before you ask questions. Again they are all at www.uscg.mil/nmc

Just saying! If you stop asking dumb shit the c captain will get off your ass.[/QUOTE]

Good advice HH but allow me to adjust the syntax of your last sentence;
“If you stop asking, dumb shit c.captain will get off your ass.”

"Good advice HH but allow me to adjust the syntax of your last sentence;“If you stop asking, dumb shit c.captain will get off your ass.”

"Sorry C Captain…But that shits funny, I don’t care where you’re from !

;o)

LOL!!!

[QUOTE=CaptHH;96596]This forum is getting ridiculous.

Just saying! If you stop asking dumb shit the c captain will get off your ass.[/QUOTE]

A question is always a stupid question from the perspective of the person asking (because they don’t know the answer). It’s the person that has the answer that determines if it’s stupid or not…funny how that works. So, I have always asked myself how does a person that does not know the answer know if it’s a smart question…he don’t fucking know…

[QUOTE=Jeffrox;96768]Good advice HH but allow me to adjust the syntax of your last sentence;
“If you stop asking, dumb shit c.captain will get off your ass.”[/QUOTE]

haha, such very funny “little” joke

Well Captains are supposed to be brusque, but that doesn’t mean we should give the Noobs a hand. Perhaps a sticky with general info would help. I’m sure it’ll get ignored as much as a google search but at least we can tell them to read the damn stickies!

You can always lead a horse to water but you can’t drown them!

Is it [I]red right returning[/I], perhaps [I]red on red you’re dead[/I], maybe [I]red on white you’re all right[/I], could be fly boy talk interfering with nautical. I can get so confused in my Dotage. Oh, I know, [I]red on red you’re dead[/I], while [I]white on white you’re all right[/I] but never to be seen again.

Am I off topic - again?

anchorman, you’re post is sound but a little investigation by members before asking questions seems prudent.

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;96811]Is it [I]red right returning[/I], perhaps [I]red on red you’re dead[/I], maybe [I]red on white you’re all right[/I], could be fly boy talk interfering with nautical. I can get so confused in my Dotage. Oh, I know, [I]red on red you’re dead[/I], while [I]white on white you’re all right[/I] but never to be seen again.

Am I off topic - again?

anchorman, you’re post is sound but a little investigation by members before asking questions seems prudent.[/QUOTE]

It’s only prudent if they are listening, as far as this thread goes. It reminds me of the guy that broadcasts on VHF to tell someone they have their mic keyed…sounds good, but it ain’t gonna work. THEY CANNOT HEAR YOU!

The only responses so far are the ones with the answers to the stupid questions being asked.

My opinion is those that do it the right way would have started the right way since their nature directs them to find out themselves. For the others (for which we are all referring), it’s pointless to think a post will help since they are not reading posts to begin with - it’s for our own amusement, right or wrong, making sense or not, to assume otherwise.

Of course, my logic is different than most people’s…always has been.

Those in the back rows, if you can’t hear me raise your hands.

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;96838]Those in the back rows, if you can’t hear me raise your hands.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I can hear you fine but it’s too bloody cold back here. Can you turn the heat up a bit?

and don’t forget to watch the trees!

[QUOTE=c.captain;96841]Hey, I can hear you fine but it’s too bloody cold back here. Can you turn the heat up a bit?

and don’t forget to watch the trees![/QUOTE]

I thought you took good notes on my lecture on how to build a fire.

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;96883]I thought you took good notes on my lecture on how to build a fire.[/QUOTE]

How could I with the classroom being 40 below…my fingers were frozen stiff!

//youtu.be/f7nqxIdROsI

a can of Sterno would be nice. If I don’t use it to warm my hands, I can always drink it!

The pack notices a weak nubie and attacks. The first regular cuts the Achilles with a “That subject has been beat to death”. The next regular apologies to the nubie then tears the tender underbelly of the nubie out with a weak link to a useless web site with trannies in it. The rest of the regulars in the pack attack and strip the nubie down his landlubber bones.

Never take ones self too seriously, remember the shit turns the field green. My lawn is best in the neighborhood.

[QUOTE=Too bad steam is gone;96919]The pack notices a weak nubie and attacks. The first regular cuts the Achilles with a “That subject has been beat to death”. The next regular apologies to the nubie then tears the tender underbelly of the nubie out with a weak link to a useless web site with trannies in it. The rest of the regulars in the pack attack and strip the nubie down his landlubber bones.

Never take ones self too seriously, remember the shit turns the field green. My lawn is best in the neighborhood.[/QUOTE]

Picture a bunch of U-Boats surrounding a convoy

FUCKING NAZIS!

You gotta tear em down and then build em up again to see how they handle themselves.

[QUOTE=Too bad steam is gone;96919]Never take ones self too seriously, remember the shit turns the field green. My lawn is best in the neighborhood.[/QUOTE]

~ and at this time of year ~ you got my attention

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;96926]You gotta tear em down and then build em up again to see how they handle themselves.[/QUOTE]

Or you can send them to 4chan…that separates the men from the basement boys. And their Mountain Dew and cheetos.