No more ITC tonnage?

I recently tested for my 500 ton Master and passed everything and had the new stickers for my book sent to me. I didnt notice it at first but they didnt show an ITC tonnage on them. My 200 ton Master shows its ITC tonnage but not for my 500. Is this new? Do you now have to specifically ask for your ITC tonnages now? Its not important now but I may be making a move soon and working in the GOM is on my list of options.

Thanks

Yes, there is ITC tonnage. You (just) need to ask for it.

When they don’t understand your question or try to deny you your request, which is apparently common practice by the WV personnel at the NMC, reference USCG Policy Letter 07-00. You should be able to find it on the NMC web site.

Thats what I thought it might be. Thanks.

[QUOTE=“Bayrunner;111967”]I recently tested for my 500 ton Master and passed everything and had the new stickers for my book sent to me. I didnt notice it at first but they didnt show an ITC tonnage on them. My 200 ton Master shows its ITC tonnage but not for my 500. Is this new? Do you now have to specifically ask for your ITC tonnages now? Its not important now but I may be making a move soon and working in the GOM is on my list of options.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

There is no ITC equivalent to the 500 ton license. What you needed to ask for was a separate license, the Master OSV 3000, which you qualify for if you have a master 500 ton.

So on my application I ask for the 500 master and a Master OSV 3000. Seems overly complicated but thanks for the heads up.

[QUOTE=“CaptStew;111991”]So on my application I ask for the 500 master and a Master OSV 3000. Seems overly complicated but thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

Correct.

It would be nice if they automatically just gave you everything you were qualified for but that isn’t the system we have. You only get what you ask for so ask for anything you think you might be able to get. All they can do is say no…

[QUOTE=Capt. Phoenix;111992]Correct.

It would be nice if they automatically just gave you everything you were qualified for but that isn’t the system we have. You only get what you ask for so ask for anything you think you might be able to get. All they can do is say no…[/QUOTE]

I wish I had known, now I have to deal with the process all over.