New to the Maritime industry and need help

thanks guys I’m not going to give up I’m just getting starting once I’m in I’m in its just going to take me a Lil longer to get my foot in the door

ECG, listen to the advise Tom B gave you and get your AB ticket if at all possible. Start as AB and prove yourself and you WILL get promoted.

I just called fletcher in signed up for my radar endorsement I may have to just change that to the Ab class

2mro I will receive my radar unlimited certificate from fletcher technical collage when I take it to the Uscg station in mandeville am I going to have to pay another application fee Im sure all have to pay something ?

Sent from my SeaPhone using gCaptain

If you go to Uscg.mil/nmc, you will see mariner credential fees. Looks like you will pay 95.00

Sent from my SeaPhone using gCaptain

Thank-you captain

any particular places with a good number of companies condensed into one area? i mean, are they all basically close to each other because i’m planning on heading out there the end of next month and would like to have an idea of what to expect? did you just fill out apps or did you go ahead and speak to anyone that was available to talk to??? sorry for bombarding you with questions… just want to plan… cuz money and time is tight… thanks…

Galliano, LA, hwy. 1 south, lots of boat companies, pack your bags and yes fill out an app and try to talk to someone, bring your TWIC and MMC, there’s a bed and breakfast down there called Chateau on the Bayou, ( she’s on face book, under that screen name) it’s like $50 a night and the lady there knows a lot about were all the companies are,