New Mariner

I have my twic card , mmd, mmd medical card , stcw95 and no experience what so ever where can I go to find employment even in these bad times.

I have an unlimited license and 5 years experience and no job, it’s tough right now, use the search function.

[QUOTE=motorcitycajun;157022]I have my twic card , mmd, mmd medical card , stcw95 and no experience what so ever where can I go to find employment even in these bad times.[/QUOTE]

Seattle based fish processors. You’ll start out on the slime line, work your ass off, and probably make decent money.

How do they work the sea time for that? Can you still be considered an OS and put it towards a future license of some kind?

No. There is no USCG approved seatime for it. There ought to be some seatime credit for it, but there isn’t.

However, it is real experience doing very hard work and long hours on a boat, often in rough conditions. Also, crowded livIng conditions where one must get along with very diverse and sometimes difficult people. Anyone successful at doing that makes my hiring short list.

[QUOTE=motorcitycajun;157022]I have my twic card[/QUOTE]

but you don’t say you have a TWIC card reader…can’t work unless you have the hardware to read the card. Gotta prove it’s the genuine article and not an imposter card.

I think the American Professional Mariner’s Association is give out free TWIC readers to New Members.

I have an extra TWIC card reader for sale that is brand new…PM me if you are interested.

Try MSC when they open back up…they just had an application period for OS, SU, and Wipers.