Need Advice... SIU? or door 2 door in Louisiana?

Hi first I’m a 29 year old male with no family, no ties, no debt from Savannah Ga i have my MMC TWIC STCW95 and passport but unfortunately i have no mariner job experience. I have an extensive resume as a laborer in the construction field. but mainly Ive just traveled around from state to state living cheep and free.
Now, what i’m looking for: I want to be on a ship for as long as possible and travel as much as possible. I don’t care where i go, or what conditions i have to work in. i don’t care how hard the work is ( i stay in excellent physical shape and enjoy long days of physical work in the fresh air) and not that i’m looking to be taken advantage of but i don’t care what i get paid
( especially these first few years). I live life for the adventure nothing else.
my thoughts: since i’m currently in Savannah Ga i was looking at two options : 1) i go down to Jacksonville and join the Seafarers Union ( i’m aware it will take some time for them to find me a job and plan on staying at a crew house/seaman’s house and finding day work at a nearby marina to cover my lodging and other minimal expenses in the mean time)
2) i go to Louisiana and go company to company (with my pathetic looking resume) again staying in a crew house/seaman’s house and finding day labor until getting hired…
PLEASE ANY ADVISE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED RIGHT NOW! I JUST WANT TO GET TO SEA!