Nautical Alminac (for training purposes)

I’m almost…only almost…embarrassed to ask but, can anyone tell me, with certainty, is the 1981 Nautical Almanac the ONLY almanac used for the USCG tests AND is there any difference between the “for training purposes only” version and the published 1981 Nautical Almanac?

1981 is the only one in the test room.

no idea if ‘for training purposes only’ is any different than the one that isn’t.

You can use the current year’s, you just won’t get any USCG questions correct. Gotta break out the sextant.

[QUOTE=captjamied;163439]I’m almost…only almost…embarrassed to ask but, can anyone tell me, with certainty, is the 1981 Nautical Almanac the ONLY almanac used for the USCG tests AND is there any difference between the “for training purposes only” version and the published 1981 Nautical Almanac?[/QUOTE]

The training almanac with the blue cover is a 1981 almanac. Since the '81 almanac was only being printed for our use, I had the year removed from the almanac and the exam questions after realizing that the almanac was older than some of the people using it. An easy, cheap, and instant “updating” of our exam questions.