MSC Training Certificates

Hello, I am trying to get on one of the MSC vessels that they contract out through SUP. I used work for MSC and I’m trying to get them to send me some of the certificates that I got in the training school in New Jersey which I lost after I quit. The people at the training center have been helpful, but they only sent me a few of my certificates. I was in school for two months and it seems like we got at least one certificate a day.

Can anyone give me a full list of the certificates that they give you when you go through training as an AB or OS so that I’ll know what to request? Also, as a new OS would I have gotten Security Watch Advanced or just Basic? I can’t remember which one I did.

Thanks a bunch

I would contact SUP and see what certificates they need from you. That ways you aren’t running around looking for ones you don’t need. Did they finally get those gas turbine contracts?

[QUOTE=Reef Knot;128592]Hello, I am trying to get on one of the MSC vessels that they contract out through SUP. I used work for MSC and I’m trying to get them to send me some of the certificates that I got in the training school in New Jersey which I lost after I quit. The people at the training center have been helpful, but they only sent me a few of my certificates. I was in school for two months and it seems like we got at least one certificate a day.

Can anyone give me a full list of the certificates that they give you when you go through training as an AB or OS so that I’ll know what to request? Also, as a new OS would I have gotten Security Watch Advanced or just Basic? I can’t remember which one I did.

Thanks a bunch[/QUOTE

three years ago and not in this order, for new ab’s; shipboard helo fire fighting, basic f.f., personal survival, elementary first aid, personal safety and social responsibilities, dod information assurance awareness, navosh, fall protection authorized rescuer, fall protection, high voltage electrical awareness, ordinance hazard awareness, explosive material handling/equipment operator course, explosive cargo handling and stowage course, marine environmental programs, basic cbr defense, security watch member basic and advanced (2), shipboard security tactics,equal employment opp., awareness/prevention of sexual harrassment/ no fear act, small arms, all in new jersey,

Thanks for the info.

This contract is for the Watson-class LSMRs.

Contact MSFSC_Training@navy.mil and ask them to go into the HRMS records for you. They should have a list of the classes you took and the dates. This should suffice as SIU has a long standing relationship with SIU. Good luck.

These people are ruining my life. Why does it take three weeks to pull up some electronic files on a computer and send pdfs of them to an email address?

[QUOTE=Reef Knot;129483]These people are ruining my life. Why does it take three weeks to pull up some electronic files on a computer and send pdfs of them to an email address?[/QUOTE

MAN, your pissing about people ruining your life? Try looking at what you did first. Employed with free training, you quit and lost the certs. That isn’t going to get anyone right on your request there. Makes me wonder just how you went about asking for the copies, but not wondering very hard.

Sure sucks to be you if this sort of thing ruins your life

MAN, your pissing about people ruining your life? Try looking at what you did first. Employed with free training, you quit and lost the certs. That isn’t going to get anyone right on your request there. Makes me wonder just how you went about asking for the copies, but not wondering very hard.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I’ve been nothing but courteous and extremely patient in all my dealings with the people at Civmar Support Center and Training Center East. My request is quite reasonable and at least warrants a response in a semi-timely fashion. But yeah, never miss an opportunity to flame a stranger on the internet, eh?

Mods, you should consider limiting the “thanks” function. Instead of being used to literally say “thank you” for this helpful information, it seems to be mostly used as a sort of sycophantic “he-he”. Its about as meaningful and articulate as “Whooooooo!!!”

you need a tune up, notice the thumbs up box next to the thanks. by staff including the two together, if someone hits the “thanks” it includes a “thumbs up” signifying agreement or a like. far from your interpretation.[QUOTE=Reef Knot;129799]Mods, you should consider limiting the “thanks” function. Instead of being used to literally say “thank you” for this helpful information, it seems to be mostly used as a sort of sycophantic “he-he”. Its about as meaningful and articulate as “Whooooooo!!!”[/QUOTE]