MMC Sticker Placement

I just received my STCW Basic Training sticker (2) in the mail, and I don’t want to screw up the placement. According to the instructions, you place it in numerical order; the numbers are written on the carrier sheets. It also states to place it on the first blank page.

Perhaps I am being anal, but it seems weird to me to place it next to the Capacity (OS/Wiper/Steward) page. It seems like I should skip a page, so that both of the my stickers are visible at the same time.

What did you all do? Should I never skip a page?

Don’t skip a page. Put the first sticker on the first blank page and keep going. It doesn’t matter if they’re on different pages.

If you work as a galley hand on a Mobile oil drilling unit, Does it count as sea time? I’m finding mixed reviews. I’m trying to gather enough sea time to gain an edge up when applying for a job. The company I called is a catering company and said that they are not licensed by coast guard to give sea time.

NEVER skip a page! You paid for that paper real estate and you best get everything that you are entitled to. Hopefully you are motivated to fill that book up with endorsements. If so you should use every inch of space in that little red book, and then file for a reprint when you run out of pages before your next renewal! Also, it’s nice to see someone being proactive about training. Now you are slightly more qualified then all those people whining about “finding an entry level job that will pay for my training.”

[QUOTE=PineappleOranges;176567]I just received my STCW Basic Training sticker (2) in the mail, and I don’t want to screw up the placement. According to the instructions, you place it in numerical order; the numbers are written on the carrier sheets. It also states to place it on the first blank page.

Perhaps I am being anal, but it seems weird to me to place it next to the Capacity (OS/Wiper/Steward) page. It seems like I should skip a page, so that both of the my stickers are visible at the same time.

What did you all do? Should I never skip a page?[/QUOTE]

Don’t skip a page or the MMC becomes invalid.

Just place them in the numerical order. Yes it looks goofy but we are all in the same boat, so to speak. I am up to nine pages. When you renew they will consolidate everything.