Major Emergency Management Training

You want to talk about a good course…this is probably the best, most useful course I have ever taken. Real scenarios that test you. It is 0130 and I am dreaming about simulations. Very pleased so far. I have two assessments left today…I hope I don’t screw this up.

where are you taking it? I heard at Shell Roberts they truly put you through a grinder and you come out as raw hamburger when finished!

Falck Alford in Houston. It is really good. The scenarios are really the key. 6 people in the control room. OIM, deputy, muster taker, radio operator, key events, DPO. Puts things in perspective. I want to send all my guys.

For Captains and OIMs make sure to request the OIM assessments. It really puts you to the test and focuses more scenarios on you. Yes it puts the heat on you, but that’s what we are there for.

we did it at Falk Alford and it was indeed a good course; we had a team from our rig so it was even more benefitial since we’d all be on the rig during an actual emergency.

[QUOTE=Capt. Lee;105264]You want to talk about a good course…this is probably the best, most useful course I have ever taken. Real scenarios that test you. It is 0130 and I am dreaming about simulations. Very pleased so far. I have two assessments left today…I hope I don’t screw this up.[/QUOTE]

Took it at Falk Alford last year. Definitely one of the better courses taken in recent years. Good to put you on the spot and wish we could run the entire crew through it

Does anyone have information on the other providers. When I took the course 10 years ago the simulation center in Alberdeen was the gold standard… today I hear Falk is great. Has anyone taken the course at DCI or have comments on the other providers?