Looking for employment for OS in louisiana

Hi every one I’m a an OS who came down from FL with three friends (2 OS’s and an AB) and we have put in an app almost everywhere here. We can’t find a job anywhere. We apply even when. Companies say they are only accepting. We had good luck with ECO. But we still didn’t get the job. Can someone please point me in the right direction before this becomes a blank trip.

Stop at every company that even looks like it could be a boat company. Also don’t forget that there are several companies in Houma, Morgan City, and Lafayette . As many OSV companies as there are there are twice as many tug companies, especially in Houma.

Don’t get tunnel vision and focus on the big companies that you see mentioned on here alot. Just because you haven’t heard of them before doesn’t mean that it’s a bad place to work.

Ok thanks. We’re currently staying in Houma so now we can find some places here and in Houma. And we will check those other places as well.

just keep going back every week on Tuesday mornings

Ok… for a new guy… Why on tuesday mornings
?

Make a copy of the pertinent Yellow Pages of area telephone books which will give you names, tel numbers and addresses.

Check the local newspaper Help Wanted section. There were a few in the local paper last week, and that was more than there were a year ago.

Check the local newspaper Help Wanted section. There were a few in the local paper last week, and that was more than there were a year ago.[/QUOTE]

Go search The Houma Courier or The Daily Comet. They have web sites. And you have The Lafourche Gazette. All these are local newspapers that have Help Wanted sections.

Monday is not the best time to apply since personnel guys at the office are usually busy puttin out “fires” from over the weekend, and in conference calls, etc etc. Tuesdays are better.

Thanks, I was wondering.

On the other hand, you might be the warm body they need.

I’ve been hired two different times on a Monday. First time to replace an injured captain, and the second time to replace captain who had to go home on emergency family leave.