Looking for a New Sea Bag. Suggestions?

[QUOTE=captjacksparrow;194541]I got the standard-issue nylon-mesh laundry bags (1 for whites, 1 for colors) with the giant safety pins at Cape May in September of '82. One stays home while the other resides afloat. It’s got one small snag-hole in it, but I’m still using it today, and for the original purpose. It’s been all over the world and never let me down. I will never, ever, willingly part with it.[/QUOTE]

I have two or three of those, from my navy days, all dating back to the 80’s and 90’s. They all have holes in them, but still work for the purpose, and two go with me to the boat.

I love those damn things.

No big-assed safety pin tho. Lost that a long time ago. I just knot them now.

[QUOTE=c.captain;194570]my KP issued laundry bag was disposed of decades ago and if memory serves me was burned in a funeral pyre symbolizing the death of that ridiculous place in my life

here is my present laundry bag…it came from Walmart and is made in China of flimsy fabric and with poor quality stitching which is already coming apart but still serves me faithfully. Someday, when it comes apart at the seams I will toss it in the trash without shedding a tear. Let it be understood I would not poke anyone with my pointy stick if they were to criticize it so go right ahead and prepare to not feel my wrath upon your person

although I may open it and unleash a hideous odure upon thee

bloody peasants[/QUOTE]

I have no idea where my KP laundry bag went. I left all of that crap behind when I walked out the gate.

[QUOTE=ombugge;194499]Yes let’s make fun of old ladies that has to struggle because there is no social security net in stead. That is more important then discussing unimportant things like thousands of people being shot every year because of obsolete laws masquerading as “freedom”.
[/QUOTE]

I’m european by birth (also nordic), but you really need to shut the hell up, buddy. Or how about, lets butt in on the affairs of Norway, huh, how about we talk about your fucked up prison system, for example. You wouldn’t like that too much, would you? You don’t live in the US, you’re not American, you have 0 business to comment.

Can I hear more about the Norwegian prison system?

1 Like

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;194624]Can I hear more about the Norwegian prison system?[/QUOTE]

I’d like to hear about the loveli lakes, the wonderful telephone system and the mani interesting furry animals including the majestic moose

oops…wrong country! that is for the country which used to RULE Norway

signed, Richard M. Nixon

Oh now I get it. This is how it works: Anybody not American, or not living in America, cannot comment on anything American, unless it is “AMERICA #1”, or “my dream is to live in America”.

Even quoting American statistics and opinions by prominent American commentators is reserved for Americans, unless they are those that fit your views of course.

At the same time it is perfectly “legal” for any American, regardless of how ill informed, to make any kind of comments he/she want about any country, even if they cannot even find that country on a world map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_pw8duzGUg

Lets butt in on the affairs of Norway, huh, how about we talk about your fucked up prison system, for example. You wouldn’t like that too much, would you?

Since you brought it up; yes let us talk about the Norwegian prison system vs. the American and the merits of the two. In Norway the purpose of prisons are rehabilitation, in USA it is revenge.
I.e Norway try to bring criminals back to society, in America they create harden criminals in prisons. (AKA Correctional Facilities)
Here is a comparison by Norwegian and American prison system: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgHdGr4aQoU&t=8s

BTW it is not only Norway that has this attitude. Here is a look at Scandinavian prison systems as viewed by an American Prison Superintendent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfEsz812Q1I

I know that this will not convince you, so let’s just agree to disagree and feel free to do so.

[QUOTE=ombugge;194627]Oh now I get it. This is how it works: Anybody not American, or not living in America, cannot comment on anything American, unless it is “AMERICA #1”, or “my dream is to live in America”.

Even quoting American statistics and opinions by prominent American commentators is reserved for Americans, unless they are those that fit your views of course.

At the same time it is perfectly “legal” for any American, regardless of how ill informed, to make any kind of comments he/she want about any country, even if they cannot even find that country on a world map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_pw8duzGUg

Since you brought it up; yes let us talk about the Norwegian prison system vs. the American and the merits of the two. In Norway the purpose of prisons are [B]rehabilitation[/B], in USA it is [B]revenge[/B].
I.e Norway try to bring criminals back to society, in America they create harden criminals in prisons. (AKA Correctional Facilities)
Here is a comparison by Norwegian and American prison system: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgHdGr4aQoU&t=8s

BTW it is not only Norway that has this attitude. Here is a look at Scandinavian prison systems as viewed by an American Prison Superintendent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfEsz812Q1I

I know that this will not convince you, so let’s just agree to disagree and feel free to do so.[/QUOTE]

Your system is absolute garbage and you know it. The same as it, unfortunately, is in Sweden. But Norway still takes the cake.
Everybody who is sane would pay extra tax money to have murdering and raping sickos never see the daylight again and I’ve heard this wish over and over again. But, no, hey let’s give them barely 20 years of “rehabilitation”, instead of what would be a text book life sentence, and let them play with Play Doh and Duplo while they’re in there, and then release them back into the wild, as it were, just because that’s what the state wants. It’s sick.

Commenting on America is fine, but unfortunately it almost always has a negative connotation, it is like you took a Soviet propaganda booklet from the 60’s and are just paraphrasing it and typing it out. Criticism is fine, but A. you don’t live here, B. you can’t vote. I’ll put it in very simple terms again- it’s simply none of your business.
Americans generally, as I have found out, don’t really have the know-it-all attitude, as you. There is more curiosity, than anything.

Meddle with your own stuff. Go rehabilitate some sociopath murderers, perhaps. But don’t start yapping about my guns and whether I should or should not have them or who I should or shouldn’t vote for.

This thread started off asking for advice regarding Sea bags. I found the question reasonable for someone starting out given the wealth of experience the members of this forum has to offer.

The last few posts have driven the topic way off the tracks and into a train wreck. These sort of posts (or ad hominem attacks) is one of the very reasons I avoided joining for a number of years. In other words give it a rest or start a new thread to carry on this sort of diatribe.