Liftboats

If anyone has any information Good or bad on these types of vessels/companies it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike

I work around them all the time, but never on them. Most of the ones I see are small like 120s or something, and appear very cramped and it has been verified that living quarters suck on the smaller ones. Larger lift boats I have heard have some nice accommodations on them though.

One downfall I have heard, but cant verify, is that “sea time” is only counted while underway and not “while jacked up”. Someone else with experience may be able to verify this…

After working around them all the time, I can tell you that I don’t plan on ever running one of them unless the pay is really good and it fits my schedule.

I have seen a lot of Hercules and Superior boats where I work near fourchon.

I dd 6 months on the 180 and 200 class liftboats with Aries Marine. Outstanding company. If I had not upgraded my ticket from 200 to 1600 tons, I would still be there. Please post what kind of questions you have, or PM if your question is kinda sensitive (sic)

@oceans 13

I was just wondering if these companies have competitive wages compared to other OSV. Also when you have scheduled time off do get any type of wage I am still not to sure on how that works.

Thank you,
Mike