Le fletcher, edison chouest schools

While attending school in Houma, Galliano, etc. this Bed & Breakfast offers you a “home away from home”. It’s located on Bayou Lafourche in Raceland just 30 min. from New Orleans airport and Galliano, 15 minutes from Houma. Mariners are given a discounted rate of $55/night; this includes a deluxe continental breakfast, flat panel TV/DVD player, clean, comfortable, and quiet rooms. You can even fish on the wharf, or relax in the hammock amongst the trees. Many people enjoy the change from a regular hotel.
You can visit the website at www.achateauonthebayou.com to view rooms, amenities, etc.
Please call (985)537-6773 or email claudettelp@charter.net for inquiries or to make reservations.

I think it would behove you to have a paid ad on this site.

Certainly didn’t mean to offend anyone; how can I inquire about the cost of an ad?

You can check with John or Mikey about the cost of supporting this great web site. Definitely will be beneficial as many of the members are coming to the bayou looking for employment and attending schools.

mike@gcaptain.com

john@gcaptain.com

Damn Anchorman - was just looking up the contact info to edit my response…

No offense here. I think you are a good fit for this forum.

[QUOTE=Capt Brian;28550]You can check with John or Mikey about the cost of supporting this great web site. Definitely will be beneficial as many of the members are coming to the bayou looking for employment and attending schools.[/QUOTE]
Capt. Brian,
Thanks so much for your reply regarding my bed and breakfast facilities and Mike and John’s email contacts
The reason my reply to you has taken so long is that I wanted to send you and Anchorman a thumbs up and couldn’t figure out how to do it.
Since I have recently learned that the thumbs up doesn’t appear until you have made 10 posts, I decided to just send you a quick reply.
My B&B is just a small operation (4 rooms) and the cost of an ad on this site is more than my budget can allow, at this time
Thanks so much for your support and hopefully I can be of assistance to mariners visiting the area looking for employment or attending schools.
A Chateau on the Bayou B&B
3158 Hwy. 308
Raceland, LA.
www.achateauonthebayou.com

Ms. Claudette -

Thanks for keeping us updated. Sorry to hear the economics aren’t there to allow you to advertise here.

Your business is a good fit for those posting on this site, and I look forward to staying at your B&B again in the future.

[quote=water;29046]Ms. Claudette -

Thanks for keeping us updated. Sorry to hear the economics aren’t there to allow you to advertise here.

Your business is a good fit for those posting on this site, and I look forward to staying at your B&B again in the future.[/quote]

Me too. I have saved her contact info in outlook.

[QUOTE=A Chateau on the Bayou;28517]While attending school in Houma, Galliano, etc. this Bed & Breakfast offers you a “home away from home”. It’s located on Bayou Lafourche in Raceland just 30 min. from New Orleans airport and Galliano, 15 minutes from Houma. Mariners are given a discounted rate of $55/night; this includes a deluxe continental breakfast, flat panel TV/DVD player, clean, comfortable, and quiet rooms. You can even fish on the wharf, or relax in the hammock amongst the trees. Many people enjoy the change from a regular hotel.
You can visit the website at www.achateauonthebayou.com to view rooms, amenities, etc.
Please call (985)537-6773 or email claudettelp@charter.net for inquiries or to make reservations.[/QUOTE]
I stayed here recently while taking Med Care Provider at L.E. Fletcher it was way better than a hotel. Less stress while away from home, I recommend for anyone needing a place to stay, and yes it has WiFi.

Ms Claudette- thanks for stopping by.

It sounds like a nice place- I’ll definitely stay there if down in the bayou!:slight_smile:

May I make a suggestion?

How about a joint venture with Gcaptain?

Benefits to you- advertising on here for a lower rate- maybe even fee. You rent otherwise vacant rooms- and make more money.

Benefits to gcaptain.com- you could offer a “gcaptain rebate” Anyone mentioning the website would be able to support the forum- without spending any additional money. A small percentage of each qualifying hotel stay would go the website- in exchange for the aformentioned advertising.

I know many would stay at your place- even if it cost a little more- if they knew that doing so supported the forum:)

[QUOTE=Ordinaryseaman;29572]Ms Claudette- thanks for stopping by.

It sounds like a nice place- I’ll definitely stay there if down in the bayou!:slight_smile:

May I make a suggestion?

Benefits to you- advertising on here for a lower rate- maybe even fee. You rent otherwise vacant rooms- and make more money.

Benefits to gcaptain.com- you could offer a “gcaptain rebate” Anyone mentioning the website would be able to support the forum- without spending any additional money. A small percentage of each qualifying hotel stay would go the website- in exchange for the aformentioned advertising.

I know many would stay at your place- even if it cost a little more- if they knew that doing so supported the forum:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your suggestion regarding a joint venture with gcaptain. I appreciate everyone’s input since I am new to this forum.

My usual rate for one night’s stay is $65 plus taxes = $70.65. The rate of $55/night is a discounted rate, only for mariners.

Given more time and thought, hopefully, I will be able to contribute to gCaptain in some way.

Thanks, again, very much.

[QUOTE=Ordinaryseaman;29572]Ms Claudette- thanks for stopping by.

May I make a suggestion?

I know many would stay at your place- even if it cost a little more- if they knew that doing so supported the forum:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your suggestion regarding a joint venture with gcaptain. I appreciate everyone’s input since I am new to this forum.

My usual rate for one night’s stay is $65 plus taxes = $70.65. The rate of $55/night is a discounted rate, only for mariners.

Given more time and thought, hopefully, I will be able to contribute to gCaptain in some way.

Thanks, again, very much.

I stayed at the Chateau last week on my job hunting trip through bayou country. This was my second time staying there and it was even better than the first! (Maybe because this time I didnt have to wake up at 0630 for firefighting class. Hahaha) It’s a very relaxing place with Bayou Lafourche literally right out the back door… Also if you want the best boiled crawfish on the bayou, Miss Claudette can point you in the right direction! A++++++

Wanted to let everyone know that I “A Chateau on the Bayou B&B” in Raceland now has 5 bedrooms.
So, when you are going to school at Edison Chouest in Galliano, L E Fletcher (LAMPI) in Houma, or Lafourche Merchant Marine in Raceland, check out my B&B for affordable lodging.
My website is www.achateauonthebayou.com

You can email me at claudettelp@charter.net or call me at (985) 537-6773 for more information.
A Chateau on the Bayou B&B
3158 Hwy. 308
Raceland, LA. 70394
Claudette L.Pitre

Coming down to take classes at LE Fletcher (LAMPI) in Houma, or any other school in the area, remember that I do still offer discounted rates of $75/ night for mariners. Call at (985) 537-6773 or email me at claudettelp@charter.net if I can help to any of you in providing nice affordable accommodations.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you in 2018.
Claudette L. Pitre
A Chateau on the Bayou Bed & Breakfast
3158 Hwy 308
Raceland, LA
www.achateauonthebayou.com
FB page: https://www.facebook.com/A-Chateau-On-The-Bayou-Bed-Breakfast-Claudette-L-Pitre-121896531157165/

Thanks. I’ll keep it in mind. And a Merry Christmas to you as well.

1 Like