Kenner LA hotel recommendation?

I’m signed up for a class at Houston, but am unfamiliar with Kenner. Online hotel reviews are widely varying (except for upscale places). I’m even considering staying in Carrolton or the Garden district.
Any suggestions are welcome.

The la Quinta in Kenner I believe had a deal with houston marine thats where I stayed while taking some classes there they provided a shuttle to and from as well. Granted this was about 3 years ago.

School has moved since then.

My Bed & Breakfast, A Chateau on the Bayou, is located in Raceland 30 min. from Houston Marine. Many mariners stay at my B&B while attending school. I offer a discounted rate of $60/night for mariners going to school or looking for work. Check out my website at: http://www.achateauonthebayou.com and If Ican be of further help to you, please PM, email me at claudettelp@charter.net, or call me at (985) 537-6773 Claudette L. Pitre A Chateau on the Bayou Bed & Breakfast 3158 Hwy 308 Raceland, LA

Miss Claudette how far are you from Fletcher?

That place is a hole, but as rigdvr says the school has moved.

[QUOTE=Flyer69;69174]Miss Claudette how far are you from Fletcher?[/QUOTE]Thnaks for your inquiry regarding my B&B.I am about 20-25 minutes from Fletcher (LAMPI)Many guys stay with me when they are working with Capt. Kenneth Bruce on their 500/1600 tons prep classes.I’ve had guys stay here for many other classes, also: Firefighting, ARPA, Bridge Resource Mgmt., Celestial, Med. Care, Master of Towing, Master/Mate 100/200 tons, and Radar.My B&B is like a "home away from home"I provide a continental breakfast, Free Wi-Fi, use of the laundry facilities, small refrigerator, and clean, quiet, comfortable rooms.All rooms have a desk, ceiling fan, flat panel TV/DVD players.I am located on Bayou Lafourche where you can relax on the back porch, lay in the hammock amongst the trees, fish on the wharf, etc.If I can be of help to you in providing nice, affordable lodging, please let me know.Should you have any other questions, email or call me.Thanks,Claudette

[QUOTE=thetruth;69165]The la Quinta in Kenner I believe had a deal with houston marine thats where I stayed while taking some classes there they provided a shuttle to and from as well. Granted this was about 3 years ago.[/QUOTE]

It’s an old but nice hotel and they have a shuttle service to Houston. I was there a year ago…

Check with Houston Marine. I know they have special rates with a hotel or two. And if you dont have any wheels, they used to even provide shuttle service to and from school.

The la Quinta in Kenner I believe had a deal with houston marine

[QUOTE=lemurian;69164]I’m signed up for a class at Houston, but am unfamiliar with Kenner. Online hotel reviews are widely varying (except for upscale places). I’m even considering staying in Carrolton or the Garden district.
Any suggestions are welcome.[/QUOTE]

Someone pm’d me this “Houston marine moved literally 100 yards next to the La Quinta about a 5 minute walk door to door.”

Like AHTS Master said La Quinta is old but not bad for $65.00 a night and they do have a shuttle to Houston and the Airport.

Thanks for the suggestions. The online reviews for the La Quinta nearest the Houston facility are not overwhelmingly positive. Seasoned with a grain of salt though. I’m looking forward to seeing some uptown neighborhoods.