Housing in Houma,La

Has anybody here stayed at Ms Maudrys in Houma La ? If so, what did you like or dislike? I may be needing a place to stay for 3 weeks in July, to take C-Nav at Fletcher.Thanks for any and all opinions.

Mike

I have never stayed at Ms. Maudrys. When I’m in that area I usually stay at A Chateau On The Bayou. It’s not far from Houma, and it’s more comfortable than a hotel. Also a the only decent places I have found in Houma run $70 or more a night. Miss Claudette only charges $55 for mariners.

I stayed at the Howard Johnson last week for 52 a night. Internet booking special only though, it usually is 70+. Livable.

I stayed at the HoJo’s a while back for $75 a night, booked on Orbitz. Nice room, but the people working the front desk seriously wierded me the hell out… Other than that it was fine.

A lot of hotels in the area have been booked solid by BP and spill contractors.

If you don’t want to stay at a Motel/Hotel try Chateau on the Bayou. Try to talk Claudette into cooking dinner.

Ms. Claudette at Chateau on the Bayou has just added a fifth room, and she has been keeping busy.

She has alway found a spot for me.

Great place.

Is there any other way to get to Houma besides renting a car (seems cheaper than a taxi)? Hotel with airport shuttle, bus Etc? Also anybody have any thoughts on the Red Carpet Inn?

I stayed at Mainstay, It is only a couple blocks away from Fletcher, It also has a microwave, 2 burner stove, fridge, and all pots and pans. I paid 67 a night and went to the grocery store and cooked my own food. I did all the math and it was cheaper for me to stay there and not drive 25 plus miles a day to the bed and breakfast. And all you do is ask and they will bring in another table so you can lay your charts out to study on.

[QUOTE=tantom40;51546]Is there any other way to get to Houma besides renting a car (seems cheaper than a taxi)? Hotel with airport shuttle, bus Etc? Also anybody have any thoughts on the Red Carpet Inn?[/QUOTE]

I tried the Red Carpet Inn in 2009…It was one of the cheapest I could find on line…I made it through one night and fled to the HO-JO the next morning…It might be different now because the place had a large number of displaced people from Katrina and it was really bad…

Here’s an article on Ms. Claudette’s B&B: