Hiring is Back on the Bayou in Louisiana!

Had a mariner, MATE, call and stay with me, this week, while going through physical, training classes and HUET at ECO as he was recently hired on with them. He suggested I remind people about A Chateau on the Bayou B&B in Raceland, LA as a place to stay. He was not pleased with free accommodations and would not go back to that. He had his truck to go back and forth, everyday, so it worked out great for him.

The nicer hotels, down the bayou, are over $250 with taxes. So, keep in mind that I do still offer a discounted rate for mariners that are staying a 2 night minimum. My B&B has come a long way since mariners were staying, here, during 2010-2014. I have international travel from all over the world and my prices are more, than that time. I have a new pavilion in the backyard where people gather or just relax.

Although, my current rates are $185 plus taxes, I will offer mariners, a discounted rate of $120. Please call me at (985) 537-6773 or email me at claudettelp@charter.net or PM me on gcaptain if you are planning on coming down to start a new job and are interested in staying in a clean, comfortable, and relaxing setting right on the bayou.

My understanding is that the ECO school is back to its regular schedule. Monday, physical, Tuesday, Safe Gulf, Wed., VPDSD and Orientation, Thurs. and Friday, Rigging and Huet on Monday!!

I am located 30 minutes from the New Orleans airport and then it is about 40 minutes to the ECO school.

Check out my website and FB page, below, for more information.

FB page: Facebook

Claudette L. Pitre
3158 Hwy 308
Raceland, LA 70394
(985) 537-6773

6 Likes

I always hated it when My last Supply boat company would double bunk us in a hotel room. I would always get stuck with someone who could never get off the phone with their girlfriend while i wanted to watch TV or sleep.

1 Like

Great place to stay, nice clean rooms, nice patio area, and centrally located to many companies if you’re in the area looking for work or doing training! Can’t beat the discounted rate either.

3 Likes

Thanks for your kind words regarding my B&B. It was always a pleasure having nice mariners like you stay here.

2 Likes

I had the chance to stay at Chateau On The Bayou in Raceland while attending classes at Edison Chouest’s training facilities recently and I wanted to tell other mariners who may be seeking a better alternative to the hotels in Galliano or the GIS Bunkhouse that Mrs Claudette has Mariner rates.

Beautiful spot to stay especially if you’re seeking a job in the gulf and prefer a more relaxed atmosphere and
a more centralized location to dining and entertainment but to still within driving distance to the major players.

5 Likes

Loved having, both, you and your wife, here, as guests while you took your DP II class at the ECO training center. Appreciate your post on my thread, as well.

Although, my current rates are $185 plus taxes, if you want the full breakfast each morning, I will offer mariners, a discounted rate of $120 plus taxes with a continental breakfast where you help yourself.

Please call me at (985) 537-6773 or email me at claudettelp@charter.net or PM me on gcaptain if you are planning on coming down to look for a new job or start a new job and are interested in staying in a clean, comfortable, and relaxing setting right on the bayou.

My B&B is located 30 minutes from the New Orleans airport, 40 minutes from ECO, and centrally located to all of the other companies should you be looking for a new job. I will be happy to help you in anyway should you be looking for a new job, as well.

My understanding is that the ECO school is back to its regular schedule. Monday, physical, Tuesday, Safe Gulf, Wed., VPDSD and Orientation, Thurs. and Friday, Rigging and Huet on Monday!! So if you are interested in getting on with ECO, I suggest you check in on a Sunday to make it all happen.

Check out my website at www.achateauonthebayou.com

2 Likes

Harvey Gulf International Marine is now accepting applications for ALL VESSEL POSITIONS

Masters/Captains, Mates, Licensed Engineers, Q-Meds, Ab, OS and Deckhands

Please apply in person at our Fourchon Facility

495 A.T. Gisclair Road

Fourchon, LA 70357

Or online at www.harveygulf.com

Great Benefits, Travel Pay, 401K and more! Please submit resume to jobs@harveygulf.com

2 Likes

Well, this past week I had a former ECO guy return to work at ECO after his boat got docked when COVID happened. He stayed with me, several times, years ago, when he first came down looking for a job and upgrading to DP, etc. He remembered that I gave mariners a discounted rate and provided comfortable, clean, accommodations. He got hired again at ECO as a MATE and stayed here for 9 days while taking his physical, all of the classes and HUET. He went home for 5 days and will return to get on a boat. It was very nice to see him again and I look forward to his return when he has to redo the DP Advanced class since his license expired.

Although, my current rates are $195 plus taxes with a full breakfast in the mornings, I offer mariners, a discounted rate of $120 with a continental breakfast.

Please call me at (985) 537-6773, email me at claudettelp@charter.net or PM me on gcaptain if you are planning on coming down to start a new job, returning to an old job, and are interested in staying at A Chateau on the Bayou B&B and relaxing on my new pavilion, right on the bayou.

I am located 30 minutes from the New Orleans airport and about 40 minutes to the ECO school.

Thanks,
Claudette L. Pitre
3158 Hwy 308
Raceland, LA 70394
(985) 537-6773

4 Likes

Someone just contacted me to see if I still help mariners find work when coming down to Louisiana. The answer is “Yes, I will be happy to help anyone.”

I still provide a discounted rate for mariners with a continental breakfast at $120/night and don’t charge anyone for help. My regular/current rates are $195 plus taxes with a full breakfast in the mornings.

Please call me at (985) 537-6773, email me at claudettelp@charter.net or PM me on gcaptain if you are planning on coming down to start a new job, returning to an old job, or taking classes to advance your license, and are interested in staying at A Chateau on the Bayou B&B and relaxing on my new pavilion, right on the bayou, each afternoon.

I am located 30 minutes from the New Orleans airport and about 40 minutes to the ECO school. I am centrally located to all of the companies in South LA.

Thanks,
Claudette L. Pitre
3158 Hwy 308
Raceland, LA 70394
(985) 537-6773