Hiring in the GOM

Just thought I would share good news!
I have had mariners stay at my B&B now for the last 5 years, some going to school, working, and others looking for employment.
Very aware of the ups and downs of the marine industry.
[B]In the last month or so, several mariners that were looking for employment or change in companies have landed new jobs.[/B]
Some companies that are presently hiring are ECO and GOL
Hope this encourages you to "never give up"
If I can be of help to any of you, please feel free to call or email me at anytime.
Remember, I, also give a discounted rate of $55/night for all mariners going to school or looking for a job.
Claudette
A Chateau on the Bayou Bed & Breakfast
3158 Hwy. 308
Raceland, LA
(985) 537-6773
www.achateauonthebayou.com

I sincerely thank you Claudette for making your establishment available to my fellow mariners at a very attractive rate and for your words of encouragement for everybody hoping that we are at the end of the bad times, that the storm is passing and that we’ll all be working again very soon.

As an aside, although I never stayed there, I always liked the name Boudreaux Condeaux in Golden Meadow :wink:

Claudette has a real ice place to stay if you need to stay in the area for a few days. Just be prepared for a real workout if you go for a walk with her!

Hi Claudette

Steve G

I’ve stayed there about a dozen times in the past two years, both for classes, and before or after a hitch, or for knocking on doors.

Great spot, clean, well maintained, wifi, A/C. Kind of a home away from home.

Nice to meet other mariners there, and Ms. Claudette does a good job of keeping her ear to the ground for what’s going on with different companies.

Yes, and going for a walk with her is great exercise!

Thanks for the kind words.
Trying to walk as much as I can.’

[QUOTE=studbuzzar;49061]Claudette has a real ice place to stay if you need to stay in the area for a few days. Just be prepared for a real workout if you go for a walk with her!

Hi Claudette

Steve G[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=water;49071]I’ve stayed there about a dozen times in the past two years, both for classes, and before or after a hitch, or for knocking on doors.

Great spot, clean, well maintained, wifi, A/C. Kind of a home away from home.

Nice to meet other mariners there, and Ms. Claudette does a good job of keeping her ear to the ground for what’s going on with different companies.

Yes, and going for a walk with her is great exercise![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the kind words.
Never realized I had so many walking partners.

Thank you for posting some positive information! For some of looking for work, its nice to hear that some companies are hiring! Also, I know who ECO is, but who is GOL? Thanks again!

Gulf Offshore Logistics

Thanks Flyer69! I’m new to the GOM! I’m coming out of MSC and looking for a good company that cares about its employees!

And you’re looking in the gulf!!? LOL.

No kidding! A company that actually cares about it’s employees??? The Gulf??? Lol… better look for some mom and pop companies with no more than 2 boats to get that treatment. Try Tradewinds towing. That’s your best place to start. Brother and sister run. If you want the office to actually know your name and face stick with a outfit like that.

[QUOTE=power230;49270]No kidding! A company that actually cares about it’s employees??? The Gulf??? Lol… better look for some mom and pop companies with no more than 2 boats to get that treatment. Try Tradewinds towing. That’s your best place to start.[/QUOTE]

The best bet would be not just a mom and pop outfit but to find one run by your mom and pop,

K.C.

I can tell you for sure that MSC does not care about anyone! Sounds like its about the same industry wide. Any decent companies out there?

Thanks for the info power! Will look into them!