L3...

Hi Folks,
Getting back in the DP saddle with a different outfit. I’m finding the L3 system layout to be a bit scattered and seemingly slow to react. Any thoughts or advice? I am coming from an MT environment.
Thanks!

L3 has had no support for 2 years, I am on an L3 equipped vessel and we are just getting by until the Kongsberg system gets installed. IMHO, dont waste your time and effort on this system soon to be phased out. Unless, like me, you are forced to.

[QUOTE=stellarseas;138511]L3 has had no support for 2 years, I am on an L3 equipped vessel and we are just getting by until the Kongsberg system gets installed. IMHO, dont waste your time and effort on this system soon to be phased out. Unless, like me, you are forced to.[/QUOTE]
Is that a drilling vessel?
Support system still the same as its always been, emails get answered 24/7 people go to vessels as far as I can see and hear?

[QUOTE=powerabout;138525]Is that a drilling vessel?
Support system still the same as its always been, emails get answered 24/7 people go to vessels as far as I can see and hear?[/QUOTE]
Yes, Drilling Vessel. L3 is getting out of the drilling industry. Maybe not a bad choice.

[QUOTE=ENG.207;138859]Yes, Drilling Vessel. L3 is getting out of the drilling industry. Maybe not a bad choice.[/QUOTE]
unlimited liability in the USA in oil spills, business given away to overseas vendors I hear
They are still installing on everything else that I see

Drilling Vessel- Sponsored by Kongsberg, only one that matters.

[QUOTE=PDCMATE;138954]Drilling Vessel- Sponsored by Kongsberg, only one that matters.[/QUOTE]

^ I will give you that one kraken

20,000 + vessels use Kongsberg. Of the 120 new build drilling rigs on order since 2011 in Asia, almost 100% utilize Kongsberg.

And the alternative is…GE and thats it I think?

[QUOTE=powerabout;139034]And the alternative is…GE and thats it I think?[/QUOTE]

Rolls-Royce

http://www.rolls-royce.com/marine/services/upgrades/dynamic_positioning/

Do they do drilling?
Have they done any drilling vessels yet?