Knocking on Doors in Louisiana

SHELL BUILDING NEW $20 MILLION FACILITIES IN HOUMA!!
MORE GOOD NEWS!!!

1 Like

HARVEY GULF WINS CONTRACTS in MEXICO, TRINIDAD, GUYANA and SURINAME!!

MORE GOOD NEWS!!!

1 Like

MORE GOOD NEWS!!!

Interesting Story, this week, at A Chateau on the Bayou B&B!

Academy Grad checks in on Sunday afternoon, May 19, 2019.
Ms. Claudette falls on the cement, that night, and breaks her kneecap and can’t get up.
Academy Grad graciously carries her to the car and brings her to the ER at 9:00pm.
He waits with her till 2:00am before getting to see the Physician Assistant.
He leaves around 2:30 am to get a couple of hours of sleep before going to interview for a job early Monday morning.
GETS HIRED, passes his physical, and starts classes. YEAH!!!
All, I could say was, Thank God he got a job!
No one could make up this story. Now I am in a wheelchair and walker still operating my B&B and welcoming more mariners to come down when looking for a job.

Also, two weeks, ago, another Maritime Academy Grad was hired with a great company, as well.

As always, if I can be of help to any of you in providing nice, affordable accommodations, I still offer a discounted rate of $75/night to mariners looking for work and/or taking classes in the area at Faulk Safety, now called Rely On Nutec in Houma, or the Marine Training Institute (DP Classes) in Gray, LA.
Claudette Ledet Pitre
A Chateau on the Bayou B&B
3158 Hwy 308
Raceland, LA 70394
(985) 537-6773 or (985) 413 6773
FB page: https://www.facebook.com/A-Chateau-On-The-Bayou-Bed-Breakfast-Claudette-L-Pitre-121896531157165/

6 Likes

Great News this Week!
Another Maritime graduate checked in on Sunday; coming down looking for a 3rd assistant engineer job.
He realized he had to take a risk because it was not going to happen by calling or emailing.
He got hired the first day, took his physical, and began taking classes this week.

So keep in mind, that if you are looking for a job, you will have to come on down to the bayou and sell yourself!

As always, if I can be of help to any of you in providing nice, affordable accommodations, and a few tips, I still offer a discounted rate of $75/night to mariners looking for work and/or taking classes in the area at Faulk Safety, now called Rely On Nutec in Houma, or the Marine Training Institute (DP Classes) in Gray, LA.

Claudette Ledet Pitre
3158 Hwy 308
Raceland, LA 70394
FB page: https://www.facebook.com/A-Chateau-On-The-Bayou-Bed-Breakfast-Claudette-L-Pitre-121896531157165/

3 Likes

More GOOD NEWS!!!

Come down to the Bayou and apply in person if you are interested in a job with Harvey Gulf or any other company in the area.

MORE GOOD NEWS FOR THE INDUSTRY!

HIRING IS GOING ON FOR ALL POSITIONS!!!

For anyone having doubts about what the industry is doing down here, right now, I can tell you officially that they are all hiring ALL POSITIONS!!!
I received a call, today, from the Vice President of one of the best companies down here in the Gulf of Mexico telling me that he needs 1600 Ton Masters, Mates, Captains, Licensed engineers, Unlicensed engineers, AB’s, QMEDS, OS, even 100 Ton Crew Boat Captains.
So, I feel competent in telling you to come on down if you are interested in working with one of these great companies.
As always, I will be very happy to assist you throughout this process. I ask that you check in on a Sunday afternoon from 4:00 to 6:00 and I will spend an hour or so with you going over all of the companies, contact personnel, planning your routes each day, a few extra tips, and questions you may have about anything else.
I still offer a discounted rate of $75/night to mariners looking for work and/or taking classes in the area at Faulk Safety, now called Rely On Nutec in Houma, or the Marine Training Institute (DP Classes) in Gray, LA.
Please call me at (985) 537- 6773 or email me at claudettelp@charter.net, anytime to make reservations.

Claudette Ledet Pitre
3158 Hwy 308
Raceland, LA 70394

3 Likes

Wow great news!

Guys and gals, if you are looking for a job in the GOM go down to the bayou and knock on some doors. Ms. Claudette takes the time out of her day to steer you in the right direction, and trust me, it’s worth your time to sit down and listen. She would not tell you to come down if there weren’t jobs to be filled. The accommodations are top notch and you can’t beat the price/location. It’s picking back up.

2 Likes

What company was that?

1 Like

One of the best ones. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Miss Claudette, very sorry to hear, belatedly, of your injury. Your positive encouragements mean a lot to all of us. Get well soon!

2 Likes

Thanks, Seadjon.
It has been almost 7 weeks that I broke my knee, but I am improving each day. Looking forward to being back on my feet, again.
Things are picking up, here, on the bayou, and I am very happy to see mariners getting hired, once again. Boats are in the shipyards getting prepared to head out on new contracts. So, if I can be of help to any of you, please email or call me, anytime. Now is the time to make it happen.

Claudette Ledet Pitre
3158 Hwy 308
Raceland, LA 70394

TCaptain, I sent you a private message. Claudette

Another bit of good news down here on the Gulf of Mexico!

LOUISIANA UNEMPLOYMENT AT LOWEST RATES IN MORE THAN A DECADE!!

As always, I will be very happy to assist you throughout this process. I ask that you check in on a Sunday afternoon from 4:00 to 6:00 and I will spend an hour or so with you going over all of the companies, contact personnel, planning your routes each day, a few extra tips, and questions you may have about anything else.
I still offer a discounted rate of $75/night to mariners looking for work and/or taking classes in the area at Faulk Safety, now called Rely On Nutec in Houma, or the Marine Training Institute (DP Classes) in Gray, LA.
Please call me at (985) 537- 6773 or email me at claudettelp@charter.net, anytime to make reservations.

Claudette Ledet Pitre
3158 Hwy 308
Raceland, LA 70394

1 Like

I heard back from every company I wanted to talk to by calling and e-mailing. But now I have to make a choice between HGIM, ECO, Bordelon, and Laborde. Which one do you guys think will help me get my DP certs done in the best time starting as AB?

Just to keep you all posted. An academy grad checked in at my B&B on Sunday and got hired on the Monday morning as a QMED. As most of you already know, the first thing that is done is the physical. Well, even though you are 21 years old, you may have had a surgery or tests done for other ailments, in your younger years. Please keep in mind that the doctors, here, will want more information regarding these surgeries and/or tests that have been performed. Bring your medical papers regarding these things, if you do not want to hold up the process. Or, they will need to be faxed to the Dr. here. You may also, be asked to see another local Dr., here, and/or run Cat scans/MRI etc. to make sure you are physically fit. This will also hold up the orientation and classes like Safe Gulf, Enviromental, etc. until the following week. I was able to help this mariner in scheduling his appts, and tests with local doctors, this week.
But, the point is there are always things that come up unexpectedly. He will be staying here longer than one week, since another test is scheduled for Monday morning. As usual, I am happy to assist with anything you may incur trying to get a job in the area.

Claudette Ledet Pitre
3158 Hwy 308
Raceland, LA 70394

Depends what type of vessel you’re on and how busy it is. Best situation would be a subsea boat with a lot of work. Worst case would be a supply boat tied up most of the time. Kind of a crapshoot.