Is This the End of "Whale Wars"?

I’m suprised c.captain missed this. We all know he’s such a fan!

US Court Orders Watson and the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society to Stay Away from Whaling Ships

[I]By Rob Almeida On December 19, 2012

[/I]The Sea Shepherd Conservation Society suffered a setback in court this week when the US Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit ordered that the controversial anti-whaling non profit group are prohibited from physically attacking, or approaching within 500 yards of any Institute of Cetacean Research vessels navigating on the open sea. Although sparse on details, the Society has big plans for their anti-whaling campaign this winter, all of which is planned to be televised in the 9th season of television program, “Whale Wars.”
Considering the head of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, Paul Watson, is already an international fugitive, and their reputation for extremely reckless behavior on the high seas, it seems rather doubtful this ruling will have any noticeable impact on their operations.
“We will defend these whales as we have for the last eight years – non-violently and legally,” said Captain Paul Watson in a reaction to the court order.
In a press release, the Society commented, “Our ships, officers and crew are 100% committed to achieving a zero-kill quota on whales. This is Operation Zero Tolerance and 120 crewmembers from 26 different nations are prepared to risk their lives to defend endangered and protected whales in the Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary. Sea Shepherd is committed to defending the integrity of this internationally established sanctuary.”

Link to gCaptain article.

They should send a DDG to enforce this and give them orders to sink any violating SS boats with 5" gun fire.

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;133387]They should send a DDG to enforce this and give them orders to sink any violating SS boats with 5" gun fire.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I agree completely that no court ruling will cause those loonie emmeffers to stop their idiocy unless forced at gunpoint. Why doesn’t the Japanese Navy send a vessel to protect their whalers?

What I want is Sea Shepard Society to lose their 501C(3) status for being felons in violation of numerous US and international laws.

Not that I’m a big granola munching, tree-hugging, looney-toon commie or anything, but I think they should probably sink the Japanese fleet too, while they’re at it…

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;133410]Not that I’m a big granola munching, tree-hugging, looney-toon commie or anything, but I think they should probably sink the Japanese fleet too, while they’re at it…[/QUOTE]

If Bill Halsey were alive today,

I think he’d kiss you right about now!

In all seriousness though… The “Watsonians” may be breaking just about every maritime law there is, and should be locked up for it, but is anyone really on the Japanese’s side? I’m sure as hell not. Like I said, it’s not because I’m some tree hugging looneytoon from a commune outside of San Fran. Perish the thought! We’ve done plenty of bad stuff to the likes of them big fat floaty things over the years (no, not the shipboard sumo wrestlers) and I don’t think we need the likes of them there Japs making the situation any worse!

I think what ticks me off the most is that the damn Japs insist on keeping up this masquerade of biological research, when really it’s just to satisfy the sick and twisted appetite of a nation that probably ate the eyeballs of GI’s when they died of starvation in labor camps. Maybe if they were honest about their intentions I wouldn’t be so pissed, but since they think they’re being all clever and pulling the wool over everyone’s eyes by painting “RESEARCH” on the sides of their boats, I [I]AM[/I] PISSED! Damn liars, the lot of them!

Hands off. Let them have at each other in the Southern Ocean and let God pick the winners and losers.

[QUOTE=tugsailor;133418]Hands off. Let them have at each other in the Southern Ocean and let God pick the winners and losers.[/QUOTE]

That’s an excellent idea. Davy Jones can take the losers and the winners go to us! We’ll look like heros for it, whoever the are, because they just sank the other fleet. It’s a win-win! Now all we need to do is give Paul Watson some bigger guns for the time being… C.Captain, you got a spare 5-incher or torpedo tube you could loan him from the mighty little ship Orca? If memory serves, I believe the Jap sailor’s chosen method of demise is by ship-borne aircraft. Perhaps we could rig a catapult on the after deck of the Bob Barker? I’m open to suggestions.

whats the US court of appeals got to do with the open sea?

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;133414]In all seriousness though… The “Watsonians” may be breaking just about every maritime law there is, and should be locked up for it, but is anyone really on the Japanese’s side? I’m sure as hell not. Like I said, it’s not because I’m some tree hugging looneytoon from a commune outside of San Fran. Perish the thought! We’ve done plenty of bad stuff to the likes of them big fat floaty things over the years (no, not the shipboard sumo wrestlers) and I don’t think we need the likes of them there Japs making the situation any worse!

I think what ticks me off the most is that the damn Japs insist on keeping up this masquerade of biological research, when really it’s just to satisfy the sick and [B]twisted appetite[/B] of a nation that probably ate the eyeballs of GI’s when they died of starvation in labor camps. Maybe if they were honest about their intentions I wouldn’t be so pissed, but since they think they’re being all clever and pulling the wool over everyone’s eyes by painting “RESEARCH” on the sides of their boats, I [I]AM[/I] PISSED! Damn liars, the lot of them![/QUOTE]
you know nobody eats it they just store it…
PS you would think they would be making friends as they might need them when China claims a few more islands…

[QUOTE=powerabout;133430]whats the US court of appeals got to do with the open sea?[/QUOTE]

if they ignore a Federal Court order, then they will be held in contemp and I would like to think lots of unpleasant events can occur to them afterwards such as US Marshalls showing up at the SSS’s Friday Harbor HQ and taking files and computers. The IRS ordering a thorough auditing of their books to find out where the many hundreds of millions of dollars they are collected over the years has disappeared to. Revocation of 501c(3) tax exempt status. Another warrant out of the arrest of Paul Watson and on and on.

IIRC, on the first show of this season, Asshole Paul talked about it and turned over the day to day running to the Australian part of the group. This was done to circumvent the U.S. Court Order.

And no, I do not go out of the way to watch this crap but sometimes when I can’t sleep, I watch it as it’s like a train wreck or NASCAR race you watch it hoping to see the big one happen.

What the hell is IIRC?

[QUOTE=Kennebec Captain;133447]If you google you’ll get various answers. based on context it’s got to mean Illinois Report Card[/QUOTE]

Damn kids and their damn acronyms. Why can’t they just speak American like the rest of the known world? Next time I’ll just have to refer to my handy dandy internet acronyms dictionary. Did you know “IITYWTMWYBMAD” was an internet acronym? Figure that one out!

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;133449]Damn kids and their damn acronyms. Why can’t they just speak American like the rest of the known world? Next time I’ll just have to refer to my handy dandy internet acronyms dictionary. Did you know “IITYWTMWYBMAD” was an internet acronym? Figure that one out![/QUOTE]

I think you owe me a drink, or I owe you one???

For the towing thread we need an acronym for: " of course it depends upon the situation and weather" ( OCIDUTSAW )

UN tells Japs to cut the shit and stop whaling: