Is hornbeck hiring?

You would think with all the hiring done recently there would be a pool of more than qualified masters to run those boas. I would also like to think there was a recently hired experienced Master ready to make his bones and prove he can run the boat. Those boats are the perfect opportunity for some of these younger guys to pay their dues. I think all the academy kids should have to do a rotation on those before they move up.

I’ll give them a go

I think Chouest is paying about $800 a day for a 1600 DPO. What is Hornbeck offering?

Not walk in the door money. More like been here a while money.

[QUOTE=rigdvr;81446]Not walk in the door money. More like been here a while money.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, now that you mention it, I think I remember a thread where someone said Hornbeck had a probation period of low pay, then it jumped up. I’m gonna go look for that.

Yes HOS has a probationary period. Why would they pay you full pay until they know you are worth it. It’s not “I’m here pay me” it’s an opportunity and it’s what you make of it.

Every new hire I have met has been promised a new boat. You can’t attract new people by telling them they are going on a boat that is cramped and rolls like a “sombeetch” in 4-6.

A lot of the numbers you see on here are top end pay for a given company. Nobody gets hired at top end…Gotta pay your dues

What is Hornbeck paying Engineers on tugs and on the OSVs? Travel, Medical, and such? All the good stuff!

What is Hornbeck paying engineers on tugboats and on the OSVs?