I saw an oxy moron on gcaptain blogs today. It was called a "Dream Job at Sea"

I don’t know of a single boat yet that I felt like a was living a dream on.

Here lately the best i can do is a broken down ol single screw tug with 9 men crammed into it. The paneling is rotten, the port holes are rusty, the rooms have had outbreaks of lice, bedbugs, staph, scabies, roaches, spiders, snakes, and a whole host of other fine ship mates.

The snakes can be found above as well as below decks if you get my “drift”.

What was that ol navy saying? “Join the Navy and ride the WAVES” or was it “Never Again Volunteer Yourself”?
I like the ridin the WAVES one myself. You gotta talk to an ol salt to figure that one out if you are too young to know.

Saw a few more things that amused me today also. But i think this one may have taken the cake.

Oh, yeah “Funny Shit my captain says”. I tried to find it so i could make a few posts on there.
Guess i’m not techy enough to figure out how to put in my two cents.

I have come across some good ones lately but maybe they will make better individual threads like…“Get outta here you fu#%^ shit hawks!" Or "Quit standin' around like a couple fu&%* shit hawks you two!”

or “stop cloggin up the head Stan or I’m gonna make you crap in a cardboard box behind the stacks!”

I must tell the world about “Hack-n-Scratch” my all time favorite old southern woman river towboat cook.

But right now nothing tops the ever present smell of raw sewage throughout all the spaces of my vessel because “Billy joe bob” the plumber didn’t have enough sense to put a P traps on the showers or sinks. That and the fact that the air intake for the A/C blower is right next to the “aromatic” MSD unit.

Ahhh yes, the morale is great and the people are kind of like workin with surviors off of “survior island”.

Yes, a dream job at sea. I must find this. please post link here

[QUOTE=OICUR12;43705]
Oh, yeah “Funny Shit my captain says”. I tried to find it so i could make a few posts on there.
Guess i’m not techy enough to figure out how to put in my two cents.

[/QUOTE]

thanks mikey