How To Survive an Election

I fixed your post for you.

I’m more concerned about the corrupt swamp fighting against democracy. Too many people coming forward with testimony and videos of cheating. What’s the chances of 21000 newly “found” ballots all conveniently bring Democrat? Well…try tossing a coin 21000 times and getting tails every time!

2 Likes

Where is that number coming from?

asks for proof of Russian interference

proof is presented

“But that was 2016! Why does it matter now?!”

Because if it happened then, why would it not be happening now? Do you have proof it’s not happening now? Furthermore, the US interferes in elections constantly. You think other countries aren’t trying to do the same?

Why do votes have to be made in person? They’ve been doing mail in ballots for decades. Where is any proof of wide scale fraud in this system? As we are all Mariners on this site, are you telling me I’m not allowed to vote if I’m at sea in November? That’s a load of shit. I’m out working for the benefit of this country, most of the time on government ships and you don’t think I should be allowed to send my vote in? Screw you, I’m a citizen of this country too. I’m working sometimes directly for the national defense of this country.

People want proof when it works for their agenda, they have to play semantics and tip toe around proof when it doesn’t fit their agenda.

Looks like Trump is going to lose. I’m sure everyone’s lives on here are gonna change drastically. All the republicans are going to go bankrupt, all the Dems are gonna show their true corrupt colors. (This is my sarcasm font)

I’m just excited for the Republicans to use the baseless fraud accusations and the baseless “stop the count!” arguments this election and then, stay with me here, when it fits their agenda to do so, claim in a subsequent election that it’s unAmerican to make those comments/arguments. Just like they did with the promotion of a Supreme Court Justice a couple weeks before an election. When Obama was in office it was an abomination to do such a thing, with Trump it is the will of the people.

Politicians talk out of both sides of their mouths. People who tow the party line and refuse to look at more than one aspect of a policy or candidate are just as bad as politicians.

Biden’s son took money from other governments. Trumps companies took money from other governments. Again, when it fits your agenda it’s great. When it doesn’t, not so great.

The pollution argument is ridiculous. If companies could find a way to save money by dumping anything into the ocean they would. They do. If you think otherwise you’re as ignorant as they come. You’re telling me on any ship you’ve ever worked on you’ve ever thrown anything over the side because it’s easier than trying to properly dispose of it? Gtfoh.

You think it’s fraud because it’s been days of counting votes? What’s fraudulent about counting votes that were post marked before Election Day? What’s fraudulent about counting votes that arrived before Election Day but couldn’t be counted because of the states own laws saying they cannot start to count until Election Day. Again, people ignore facts when it doesn’t fit their narrative.

It’s like some of you people took a civics class 30 years ago and forgot how the system works. Oh wait…

5 Likes

Economically Biden seems to be a little bit right wing, but by American standards he is now socially liberal (he wasn’t a few decades ago).

If Biden was in the UK I think he would be a good fit for the UK Conservative Party, they both seem to align on a lot of issues in terms of policy. Being a conservative in Europe seems to mean very different thing to being a conservative in the USA.

People say that overall Democrats could actually be classed as a center-right party and Republicans very right-wing, but the Democrats are a ‘big tent’, they have lots of people who are center-right and lots of people who are very left wing also.

1 Like

Well , anyone with a lick of common sense sees this election over. Yes, a long wasted thread on this site regarding common sense. I hope Mr.Trump shows some dignity and humbleness in his departure if that is possible. My worry is that the present Senate majority can continue to keep the other party at bay regarding taxes. Attacking capital gains with higher rates that retirees earned is a concern. I remember a candidate years ago saying “Read my lips, no more taxes”. Ain’t gonna happen .

2 Likes
1 Like

Companion sentiment.

A lawsuit filed by the Public Interest Legal Foundation (PILF) alleges that there are at least 21,000 dead people on Pennsylvania’s voter rolls. The lawsuit claims that Pennsylvania failed to “reasonably maintain” their voter registration records under federal and state law in time for the 2020 presidential election.

This has to be investigated. It must be proven to be true… or false. It is not up to the corrupt media to dismiss it because they are rabid Trump haters. Democracy and squeaky clean elections must prevail. Anything less is 3rd world and unacceptable.

They were all alive before Covid.

2 Likes

Ah. So when you suggested they “found 21,000 ballots” and they all conveniently voted Democrat, you just made that up.

They aren’t alleging or providing any evidence that any dead people voted in the 2020 election, just that there are dead people on the rolls. Someone still would have had to request each individual mail ballot in PA, which would then be mailed to their registered address, and matched their signature. All of which there’s no evidence of happening, never mind 21,000 times.

2 Likes

Is that like the Powder-Puff Kids of America Fan Club?

If they are all conveniently republican are you going to have the same sentiment?

Also; couldn’t find anywhere that these registered voters actually voted. Just that they were listed on the roll. So if there aren’t any votes from them, is it really that big of a problem?

And for what it’s worth, the only reputable looking website I could find that had the article was the Washington Times. Immediately below it was an article alleging that Putin was stepping down the next month because of Parkinson’s, which on more reputable sites has been proven false. Also below it were articles favoring Trump and calling Biden’s policies “a loser” so not exactly partisan or unbiased.

1 Like

Signatures. Ballot confirmation. Pretty good system. The oldest democracy eeked out a double and stayed alive.

1 Like

Anyone citing the seemingly reputable Washington Times should also include a reference to its Wikipedia entry so the reader can decide for themselves whether to take the citation seriously.

Edit: Didn’t mean that to come across as a personal dig. Beercapn you did qualify it.

1 Like

In my defense, all I said was “reputable looking”, not reputable.

2 Likes

Not in recent years. Once Republicans took charge of the Senate in 2016 they approved only 28% of the nominees compared to almost 90% previously leaving the next president with over 100 vacancies to fill. They famously refused to even consider a Supreme Court nominee who was nominated in March 2016.

A brief history on voting in the USA. It was NOT intended to give everyone a vote, only landowners. Senators were not even elected by citizens [minus black people, Native Americans and women] until 1914.

Well, what if for federal elections:

• US citizens are automatically registered as federal voters upon birth, and acquisition of citizenship. It’s the choice of the individual to not go vote, but the name will be in the list until a Death Certificate is issued or the citizen relinquishes citizenship. For individuals who serve felony sentences have their right put on hold until serving the full sentence by law and then have the right reinstated.
    For minors, they should be allowed to vote when legally emancipated and married.
  • Voters are not required to state their voting preference and the federal government should not have access to individual voter’s history as the vote is Anonymous.
  • Where to vote depends on place of residence. Just like in taxes.
  • Mail-In votes are not allowed for federal voting and the votes are cast by hand, not by a machine. Consulates and military should abide by the same rules. Cast votes by hand locally, and use the bloody tech to send the results, but keep the physical votes in safety.
  • Organization of federal elections is not dependent on the states but it’s a federal responsibility and should be done with a standard model.
  • Vote counting should always be filmed and monitored. All fraud should be taken as treason and harsh federal punishment meted, with the offending individual or group put immediately removed from the premises and placed under arrest pending trial.

I’m dumbfounded about the way counting voters and counting votes is a s**tshow in the US. I loathe mail-in voting for the absolute fraud that it is.

2 Likes