How many of yall ride motorcycles?

My app on the phone has been messing up lately. It’s been timing out and not listing hardly anything on my end. Sorry for the double posts. I don’t know what’s wrong with it. Errors poppin up all the time on it

[QUOTE=PaulBaudry;76620]My app on the phone has been messing up lately. It’s been timing out and not listing hardly anything on my end. Sorry for the double posts. I don’t know what’s wrong with it. Errors poppin up all the time on it[/QUOTE]

Not to fret, it happens to most of us, are you feeling at home now?

Yeah. I worked on the frame a little today. Raked the fork another 18 degrees and fabbed up the motor mounts for the 1000cc. Now I just need to figure out how to fab up the single sided swing arm.

Just upgraded my '07 Street Bob to a '12 Street Glide, doing some rope work on it too!

Link to why motorcycle riders don’t wave to one another…

http://su.pr/88ioTr

[QUOTE=PaulBaudry;76709]Yeah. I worked on the frame a little today. Raked the fork another 18 degrees and fabbed up the motor mounts for the 1000cc. Now I just need to figure out how to fab up the single sided swing arm.[/QUOTE]

NEAT !!
I’m a Harley Driver but not a Harley Snob - I ride with all Irons but most of the time I ride alone.
Another 18 degrees - you must be a big boy.

6’1" but I’m not raking the forks for that reason. I’m going with a streamline look for it. Just don’t want everything compacted together like most stock bikes. The handle bars are going to sweep back to me instead of stretching to grab a hold to them.

Watch the rake, if you add oversized tubes(long) the steering will start to get squrily, also you will have to find a wal-mart to turn around! Ya might want to think about some offset brackets to mount the front wheel as well as a tube clamp to stablize the fork tubes. There is some real seroius math involved in getting it right. A buddy of mine built a kz1000 like your talking about and used a “girder” front end. He had to install wheelie bars on the bike to keep it down. He had a real problem with the front end wanting to skid(the front end twists to the stop and the wheel skids like a plow) even the smallest patch of grit,sand,small gravel would do it. Just some thoughts.

I’m making a single fork w/ gas shock for the front end.

[QUOTE=PaulBaudry;76980]I’m making a single fork w/ gas shock for the front end.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I got it now.Looks like that will take some custom work. Should look cool. I guess I’m too old school for that, well more like home school looking at some of my past projects.:smiley:

Haha. I just want something different and one of a kind. I’m still working on the drag truck. Engine was finished on my last hitch. I have too many projects going on as is

Speaking of trucks,When I get some “mad money” put back, my next project will be a 1952 or so M-37 Army Dodge. It’s got to get better mileage than my F350 diesel dually!

If you move down this way I’ll be happy to help ya with it. I get bored on my 28 home.

Does my specialized stumpjumper count? It cost about what many new dirt bikes do haha, and you still have to pedal it

I ride a Fuji Reveal 1.0. :slight_smile:

Nice man, what kind of riding do you have in your area? Lots of up and down or more low rolling stuff?

My Street Glide

[ATTACH]2159[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=brjones;77276]My Street Glide

[ATTACH]2159[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Excellent - nicely done

Another for the metric camp. I have a 1984 Honda Magna V65. 1100cc of pure power, and it still handles the twisties well.
Also have another one an 86 getting ready to sell. It is nearly ready.
[ATTACH]2166[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]2165[/ATTACH]

BMW R 1200 Adventure is my next bike

My current motorcycle:

2012-04-28 16.39.52 by Brandon Jarvis, on Flickr

My last motorcycle:

_JAR6169 by Brandon Jarvis, on Flickr