Housing in Ft. Lauderdale

Hello folks, I just signed up for a course at MPT in Ft. Lauderdale in the middle of August. I was wondering if some of you might recommend some cheap housing options for the 11 days I’ll be down there. Thanks for your help.

Dan

Ask the folks at MPT.
They have a line on discounted rates at nearby hotels, as well as “crew houses” that will rent a room.

They have a deal with the Hyatt near US1 and 17th street. Its a 5 minute ride to the school and its a nice clean hotel. And there are tons of food places and bars withen walking distance.

Call Neptune crew housing (I may be a little off on the exact name). You can rent a small, furnished apartment directly across from the school. Much better, and easier than the hotel route!

[QUOTE=Deuce;52980]Call Neptune crew housing (I may be a little off on the exact name). You can rent a small, furnished apartment directly across from the school. Much better, and easier than the hotel route![/QUOTE]

I don’t know your financial situation, but vrbo.com is a website for vacation rentals. Vacation rentals by owner.

there is also smartmoves in fort lauderdale on 17th street, they have LOTS of places to rent for week or month. Cater mostly to yachties,no tax if you are going to MPT, what ever you do tell the agency that you are going to mpt and you will get a better rate

[QUOTE=dmckenzie;52965]Hello folks, I just signed up for a course at MPT in Ft. Lauderdale in the middle of August. I was wondering if some of you might recommend some cheap housing options for the 11 days I’ll be down there. Thanks for your help.

Dan[/QUOTE]

Anchorman and myself have stayed at the below crew house in the past. Real nice lady, Lisa. Definitely a good place to stay.

http://www.palmplaceres.com/comments.htm

Ill see ya there well be taking a week long course in mpt as well. Good luck

[QUOTE=dmckenzie;52965]Hello folks, I just signed up for a course at MPT in Ft. Lauderdale in the middle of August. I was wondering if some of you might recommend some cheap housing options for the 11 days I’ll be down there. Thanks for your help.

Dan[/QUOTE]

Hey Dan you can call Mary’s Crew House at 954 242 1109 or make contact with her at maryscrewhouse@yahoo.com. There are several other options available for crew houses so it this doesn’t work search the internet for crew houses in Lauderdale.

Rob

I agree with captvisa, go to Mary’s crew house. I stayed at another one before and it was sketchy and gross, I ended up leaving and going to Mary’s. One of her houses even has a screened in pool. If you fly into Ft. Lauderdale she will pick you up from the airport for free and if you tell her where you’re taking your class she’ll put you up at one of the houses in walking distance so you don’t have to rent a car. I’m staying at one of her houses this week for a class at MPT. The price is pretty reasonable $40/night or $170 a week it’s clean and there is AC, internet, printer, kitchen and laundry.