Hos

Hats the deal over there? Seems like they can’t get enough lately. Bad working conditions? Day rates? Benefits? Something just seems off to me.

What’s? Dang autocorrect got me.

They have a huge new build program with 16 new unlimited vessels designed for ultra deep water support with an option for 48 more. They need U/L guys. I was just hired. Awesome company.

I have an interview next week. Any tips? What types of questions? Dress? I appreciate any info.

What are their pay rates? Are equal to Chouest or more?

[QUOTE=Warchild;60844]What are their pay rates? Are equal to Chouest or more?[/QUOTE]

I think before ECO’s raise, HOS was paying a little more. And I heard that HOS just bumped their pay up too, so not sure.

They are also putting several old boats back in service that have been stacked.

What are their pay rates? Are equal to Chouest or more?[/QUOTE]

Word in Fourchon has it HOS’s raise topped ECO’s

If you don’t mind me asking how did you apply. I’ve been hearing good things about the company and I would like to work for hos but they don’t write back to emails or anything

HOS does not pay more than ECO i dont know were ya’ll getting this info.HOS pay sucks there at the bottom of the barrel.And there boats ride bad there are only three good boats to be on there.But as far as pay go there really behind far behind.There good know cause they need people but when it slows down there going to be ass holes all over again. I know cause I worked there as of last month for 4 years.So go ahead and see company of no choices! Lol

How is HOS’ tug division doing? How are the benefits and pay on that side of things? For instance what does an AB make?

Also I saw that HOS had some boats on govt. contract, are any of them on the east coast? What type of boats are they? Supply type, DP vessels?

Govt vessels 2 east coast, 3 west coast they are brand new 250 ft DP2 vessels. As far as the earlier posts about pay it is equal to all the other companies. Harvey has a sign saying up to $750 a day but I guarantee those spots will be “filled” when you interview. The pay has to be on par with so many people hiring right now. HOS is ramping up for the new build program right now and personnel is swamped. The only positions that get immediate replies are master and Chief with osv experience because that is their primary concern. They are open to hiring people new to the industry so just hang tight they will get to you.

Do you happen to know what type of work the boats on east coast are doing, and what port they are calling on most of the time? Or is all that a classified government contract? Also does anyone have a email contact for the HR person for these east coast vessels?

Regardless of who you hire on with, the only difference is the color of the paint. These companies have been around long enough that you have the homesteaders and dollar chasers. Everyone knows someone that worked here or there, knows this guy or that one. The visits from office folks ( not the day to day marine supervisors - the office folk who only come around when they are directed to come out) depend on what’s going on. In the good times it’s ‘chest thumping we’re #1’ and the bad times you’re lucky if they take your phone call. Right now it’s we’re hiring - tell your friends. I’ve been out here going on 21 years, I’ve been able to survive layoffs, furloughs, or whatever they want to call them. It just happens to be at the point now where we are needed. During the worst of this last round you were not even worthy to stand in their presence. If you’re new to working in the coonass navy in the GOM when you hire on then standby to be entertained. (Hey dere sheef!)

[QUOTE=CoastalDPO;61219]Do you happen to know what type of work the boats on east coast are doing, and what port they are calling on most of the time? Or is all that a classified government contract? Also does anyone have a email contact for the HR person for these east coast vessels?[/QUOTE]

They are OSV’s. Gov’t contract. I could be wrong, but I would guess you would need a Security Clearance, probably to the level of “Secret”. And I believe their first choice is to find people who reside close to that area. Seattle is one area and I dont know if it is St Mary, FL, or Kings Bay, GA on the other area.

Yeah I figured that they would prefer to have people live close, that’s why I was asking. I was hoping that they were using the Virginia area.

[QUOTE=CoastalDPO;61229]Yeah I figured that they would prefer to have people live close, that’s why I was asking. I was hoping that they were using the Virginia area.[/QUOTE]

Its all about timing in this game. You never know. But I dont know if those guys go home at night when the vessel is not on a run. I had a mate working for me who was from Louisiana and was working on one of the units in Seattle area. So it does happen.

Yeah I certainly understand the timing! I was just enquiring for info hoping maybe to find something a little closer to home. I am currently a DPO on a rig here in the gulf and just keeping my ears open for something with less travel, ruffly the same schedule, and comparable pay. I know the boats pay a little less, but a little less pay would be worth it to not have to travel as much.