HOS Red Rock Hits The Water

The HOS Red Rock hit the water today. This is the second HOSMax 300 to hit the water from Eastern Shipbuilding.

Sweet! And I see another behind it.

There are 10 more in various stages of construction scattered about the yard.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;106260]There are 10 more in various stages of construction scattered about the yard.[/QUOTE]

You know, it is interesting to me that there are posts about HOS and their new builds. Several of them actually, all with pride and excitement. Chouest, not so much! When is the next raise seems to be the theme there.

Wondering why the difference. Is it money or company culture?

I have no idea I can say I’m happy as hell we are building these new boats. If we get raises awesome, if not I’m still getting paid well and I get to work on new equipment. Today they installed the z drives on the Red Rock.

[QUOTE=Ea$y Money;106314]You know, it is interesting to me that there are posts about HOS and their new builds. Several of them actually, all with pride and excitement. Chouest, not so much! When is the next raise seems to be the theme there.

Wondering why the difference. Is it money or company culture?[/QUOTE]

Probably because we average one new build per month between our 5 shipyards and these are the first new builds in a while for some of the other companies. They have been waiting on these boats for a while at HOS, and they look great. New builds just aren’t as exciting when it’s the norm.

Thanks goodness for them having nozzles! I think the Seacor boats are the last of the ECO boats with them, and IMHO removing them was a mistake. Rumors of going back to z drives with the new 317’ series(like Alyssa) are floating around…sure hope they have nozzles :slight_smile:

I’ve heard the zdrive rumor as well and I hope they have nozzles. I love my 240 zdrive boat but everyone who was on it before the nozzles were removed hates it now. Removing them in my opinion was someone’s way of covering up for too small a drives.

Well they are gonna be dropping in the water at a swift pace. Here is the third vessel from this yard and fourth overall. It splashes in another month or so. HOS Renaissance.

Geez, those boats are massive, and impressive. Compared to the supplyboats of the old days of yore, These are nice to see. Thanks for posting. Hopefully they will be needing mariners.

[QUOTE=“Doodlebug;106376”]Geez, those boats are massive, and impressive. Compared to the supplyboats of the old days of yore, These are nice to see. Thanks for posting. Hopefully they will be needing mariners.[/QUOTE]

Oh they have already said they will be needing lots of qualified mariners! This will fire up soon.

I read somewhere in the next year to year and a half 400+ people half of which need to be licensed. Hopefully they will hire them all I would hate to see the HOS Riverbend sit at HOSPort without a crew.

Man they are rolling along nicely. Thanks for the pictures and updates, I’ve really enjoyed seeing them come along!

Fourchon is going to be a mess with all these new monsters running around! It’s already getting ridiculous but with the new HOS, HGIM, and ECO boats 300’ and bigger over the next two years…they better get the backhoes busy digging slips D, E & F pronto!

Fraq, if possible, please keep the the pics coming , Thanks,
May want to be one of those 400.

I won’t have many more pics of the other boats to post here. I’m on the Red Dawn and we are at the other yard closer to town. We just came down to this yard for the christening of the Red Rock and to help with post launch tank inspections. I will be regularly updating my other thread titled “one down 23 to go” as we go through dock/sea trials during the next month. So keep up with that one I started it at the launch and I’m hoping to document the whole process through our maiden voyage to Fourchon.

What brand drives are those?

Schottel SRP 2020 FP

I don’t think I would ever name my Vessel or for that matter like to sail on a vessel named ROCK… Rocks Sink…

I’ve heard the zdrive rumor as well and I hope they have nozzles.