Has anyone had luck with Polar Tankers?

Greetings,
I’ve applied to PT a few times as a utilizes day worker. I hold a AB-limited /QMED I was wondering if anyone has gone through their hiring process and mite know how they are as a company. I want to get a spot in the E/R if possible and but I will work deck for a schedule. Any information will be much appreciated.

I apply to Conoco when they recruit ABs and am routinely rejected. I am AB Unlimited have excellent references and job evaluations in my company profile, and no experience on tankers.

The fact that they look for ABs a few times a year for their relatively small fleet (5 ships, I think) tells me they are shitty employers whose crews regularly walk down the gangplank, not to return.

For the last couple of recruitment cycles their rejection email has been followed by another saying that I am qualified for a messman position, so please let us know if you’re interested.

Fuck you very much, Conoco HR.

No. The last 2 times I applied to Conoco for an AB job they offered me Messman.

[QUOTE=chukchi73;141622]Greetings,
I’ve applied to PT a few times as a utilizes day worker. I hold a AB-limited /QMED I was wondering if anyone has gone through their hiring process and mite know how they are as a company. I want to get a spot in the E/R if possible and but I will work deck for a schedule. Any information will be much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I applied for a 3a/e spot, was told that I was overqualified with a 2a/e ticket. After that I was notified of every wiper/oiler/steward/AB position available in regular emails. At the time it seemed like the people doing the hiring weren’t actually involved with anything to do with the maritime division.

Ya that what they sent me too. I applied for day worker like 3xs and still no luck. I would think that they would pick up a thirds quick it been on there website to like a year