Harvey Screws Newhires

Sounds like Signet is committing to the rig tow market. Good for them. They have been using assist tugs (undersized for the job) to tow rigs. Not the best pay but good benefits and a decent outfit otherwise.

Maybe they “sail” everything…

If you wanna work 28/14 & no travel

[QUOTE=rshrew;128668]Rumor I heard it was Signet bought at 75% stake in the tugs with Harvey retaining 25% share and washed hands of managing them[/QUOTE]

It seems that the Smurf Boats are spending more money than they are making and need some cash.

I wonder if selling the tugs was more of a looks good on paper thing than a money thing? Going public seems to be a priority with Harvey and having a large market share in the only business facet they are in (supply) might look good to Wall Street.

[QUOTE=Tugted;128701]If you wanna work 28/14 & no travel[/QUOTE] They want you to live locally and then you can go home at night if the boats are not working. Maybe these boats will be crewed differently.

[QUOTE=tugsailor;128647]Can anyone else confirm this?[/QUOTE]

I can. All tugs, Warhorses included, were sold to Signet along with the crews. The crews were not allowed to transfer to the supply boats. Hey Shane, thanks a lot for that big retirement bonus you were giving us at the end of 2013.Remeber that memo you wrote around 3 in the morning? Who is the LIAR now?

[QUOTE=wheel wash;128754]I can. All tugs, Warhorses included, were sold to Signet along with the crews. The crews were not allowed to transfer to the supply boats. Hey Shane, thanks a lot for that big retirement bonus you were giving us at the end of 2013.Remeber that memo you wrote around 3 in the morning? Who is the LIAR now?[/QUOTE]

Shane continues to prove time and time again that he is only concerned with making himself more money, expanding his ego and trying to convince people he’s this great businessman. Someone who is “great” doesn’t need to pay people more than the market average and make false promises to keep people from leaving. If he was that great he would have continued to build his company, without Wall Street money, but that would have required him to treat people with respect. Now that most of the money in Harvey Gulf isn’t his he can throw money at people and treat him like crap.

I don’t knock anyone out there who works for the man because of the money he is paying. Just don’t be naïve and think he’s in it for the long run or one day he will make you rich.

[QUOTE=Saltine;128789]Shane continues to prove time and time again that he is only concerned with making himself more money, expanding his ego and trying to convince people he’s this great businessman. Someone who is “great” doesn’t need to pay people more than the market average and make false promises to keep people from leaving. If he was that great he would have continued to build his company, without Wall Street money, but that would have required him to treat people with respect. Now that most of the money in Harvey Gulf isn’t his he can throw money at people and treat him like crap.

I don’t knock anyone out there who works for the man because of the money he is paying. Just don’t be naïve and think he’s in it for the long run or one day he will make you rich.[/QUOTE]

That might all be true but it still doesn’t sound any different from any other company I’ve ever heard of. If they’re all about the same what’s the use in worrying about it?

Tug deal cancelled…

Who said that ?

There’s no company that’s will make you at and make you rich as far as boats go.

[QUOTE=New sea dog;128864]There’s no company that’s will make you at and make you rich as far as boats go.[/QUOTE]

Ebonics is probably easier to understand than this.

All I’m hearing is a bunch of whiners pissed that they can’t get on with Harvey so they are telling themselves what ever they have to too sleep through the night, or to many of you are believing the shit that your office is telling you to keep you from running over to the blue boats.

So Harvey is going to sell some boats with the crews, and so a few of them might be new hires? Sorry but shit happens. Seacor did it about 11 years ago when they sold all their G-Boats to International. Told they crew the same thing, either you go with the boat or quite as we just don’t have a place for you right now. GOL and Abdon did the same thing also when they sold out to Harvey, does that make them evil?

[QUOTE=Jemplayer;128868]GOL and Abdon did the same thing also when they sold out to Harvey, does that make them evil?[/QUOTE]

Big. Ass. Pay. Raise…

[QUOTE=KrustySalt;128872]Big. Ass. Pay. Raise…[/QUOTE]

So as long as you don’t go asking for money and it’s just handed to you by luck it’s ok, but if you switch companies to get a pay raise that makes you an asshole?

GOL still has some boats, I’m sure there are some guys who where pissed that they where forced to go over to Harvey in the buy out and wanted to stay with GOL.

What’s funny is that this is another thread full of speculation trying to make Shane out as some type of bad guy when he has not done anything I haven’t seen with my own eyes done by every boat company before.

Hmmm…trying to remember when ECO did this to any of their employees. Can you refresh my memory?

When Harvey bought GOLs boats we former GOL employees didn’t get a raise. The master actually took a pay cut. Now we’re actually making more than we were. Harvey gave a raise to the rest of its employees though to bring them up to where most of us GOL guys were making.

Shane’s an arrogant bastard no doubt but he keeps digging in his pocket. For now I’m enjoying it. I’ll start bitching and moaning when the well runs dry.

[QUOTE=CaptKrunch;128901]Hmmm…trying to remember when ECO did this to any of their employees. Can you refresh my memory?[/QUOTE]

Ahh hell another one that worships at the alter of Uncle Gary. I’m sorry Missa Gary and his Cronies NEVER screw anybody over at the almighty ECO just to serve their own self interest in the end, especially the coordinators and division heads.

[QUOTE=CaptB;129109]Shane’s an arrogant bastard no doubt…[/QUOTE]

Honestly name me one owner that wasn’t an arrogant bastard? I think it’s on the application at the bank when you go to get your first loan for a boat.

“Are you an arrogant bastard of an asshole? Please pick one and explain.”

Butt hurt? Although I may not worship at the Orange Alter I certainly do not regret the choice I made in employment. You made the statement that all of the companies have done this. I asked for when ECO did? Your decision was to attack instead of defend. Again, can you back up your statement or would you rather leave it general and take the easy way out?