Got my renewal mmd

Got my renewal today the picture they used is the same one that is from my twic they did not use the one I sent . Why do they have my twic pic? Not a big deal I suppose, but the pic is from 4 years ago

Convenience? Uniformity maybe.

[QUOTE=Jbird;78803]Got my renewal today the picture they used is the same one that is from my twic they did not use the one I sent . Why do they have my twic pic? Not a big deal I suppose, but the pic is from 4 years ago[/QUOTE]

Part of the requirement that you hold a TWIC to get an MMC. We get a data share from TSA with your TWIC info, fingerprint data, and other information. That’s why you don’t have to also go to an REC for a renewal. The system that produces the MMC does not have the capability to use a pic from any other source. Even if it did, scanning and manually adding is labor intensiver, and probably not needed for a picture less than 5 years old.

TSA only gives thie info for TWIC applicants that checked “merchant mariner” on the TWIC application. If you didn’t check this for TSA, your MMC application will be delayed until we can get access to the data.

Thanks for the info it makes sense, but I sent in two passport photos as required with my renewal Package what happens with them? Like i said before no big deal just curious.

You must have been using an old application form. Pictures are not longer required.

[QUOTE=Jbird;78807]Thanks for the info it makes sense, but I sent in two passport photos as required with my renewal Package what happens with them? Like i said before no big deal just curious.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks for info