Good morning from a FNG

Good morning to everyone. I was recommended this site from a Chief Engineer friend of mine who is helping me to get in the business. I searched for an introductions thread and couldn’t find one (if there is I apologize) so I wanted to say hello and thank you all for any potential advice. I didn’t want to jump in without an intial hello, out of respect for this online forum community. I come from an automotive background with a good deal of mechanical capabilites and I hope I can make a career out of working in the oil fields in the Gulf. I am awaiting my TWIC and have plans to apply for my MMD in the coming weeks. Thanks for having me and I look forward to learning as much as I can.

Patrick

Welcome to the Forum. Here is a link to a thread that will give you some ideas.

http://gcaptain.com/forum/maritime-employment/9158-read-job-includeing-graduated-cadets.html

I know that you said that you have searched but give it another shot as there are quite a few threads that can help new guys get started.

Now with that said, we get a lot of people come here and ask questions like this without searching and to put it bluntly it get tiring to have to answer these questions everyday. Once you have spent some more time searching and reading come back and ask your questions.

Best of Luck, I hope you can make it work for you.

Good luck to you, Choppersled, and thank you for the introduction.

Welcome aboard, as long as your here my car is making a clank clank clunk clunk noise. Any ideas.

[QUOTE=skycowboy;120969]Welcome aboard, as long as your here my car is making a clank clank clunk clunk noise. Any ideas.[/QUOTE]

WHAT! Does our new guy look like he runs an advice garage? you need to call Tom and Ray, the Car Talk Guys for those questions…

sheesh…everybody wants a freebie!

and whatever you do…don’t drive like my brother!

Didn’tja hear, Tom and Ray retired from their show. So that’s out.

[QUOTE=awulfclark;120982]Didn’tja hear, Tom and Ray retired from their show. So that’s out.[/QUOTE]

yes, i remember.

it was a day i marked on my calendar. from that day going fwd i never had to worry about decent, informative NPR being infested by that Click and Clack crap.

RIP