Golden Meadows

Has anyone been to traffic court in Golden Meadows. A guy on my boat was issued a ticket there for 12 over on Christmas Day. They still can’t tell him how much the ticket is for. What the rules of evidence are, how to file for discovery or anything else. It is rated the 3 rd speed trap in the state with 24% of the towns operating budget funded by tickets. Pm me if you want to keep it quiet and I’ll pass the information.

[QUOTE=skycowboy;150665]Has anyone been to traffic court in Golden Meadows. A guy on my boat was issued a ticket there for 12 over on Christmas Day. They still can’t tell him how much the ticket is for. What the rules of evidence are, how to file for discovery or anything else. It is rated the 3 rd speed trap in the state with 24% of the towns operating budget funded by tickets. Pm me if you want to keep it quiet and I’ll pass the information.[/QUOTE]

They have an awesome website and are very efficient at accepting your money. Probably have a drive-thru if you are in town, but I can’t say that for sure.

http://www.townofgoldenmeadow-la.gov/bills.html choose “citations” The amazing thing about the bayou is the efficiency of taking your money. Everything else is pretty backwoods.

Here is a thread from back in 2012 about the speed trap there.

http://www.gcaptain.com/forum/scuttlebutt/8727-golden-meadow-la-speed-trap.html

Im the one who got a ticket in '12. I paid it and now drive 2 mph under the speed limit. I won’t contribute one more dollar to the oasis called Golden Meadow.

Before I ever ventured to Fourchon I was given a heads up by a guy who got a ticket driving 2 mph over the speed limit. I heeded his advise and slowed way down whenever I got close to that cesspool. More than once I’ve seen the chain gang working alongside the road there. If that doesn’t send chills up your spine nothing will.

[QUOTE=salt’n steel;150670]Im the one who got a ticket in '12. I paid it and now drive 2 mph under the speed limit. I won’t contribute one more dollar to the oasis called Golden Meadow.[/QUOTE]

they’ll probably still write you a ticket even at 2 under but tell you your speedometer was wrong and make you pay

whatever happened to the cops in Lake Charles who used to pull over people on I-10 with plates from the NE just because they were yankees?

EFFING SOUTH! as a man said…A CESSPOOL!

btw, found this map showing the supposed someday plan for the four lane to connect all the way north to Hwy 90 except that the cane growers are probably demanding blood in exchange for their land.

then there’s that fine bridge in Leeville…only on the Bayoo!

Before I ever ventured to Fourchon I was given a heads up by a guy who got a ticket driving 2 mph over the speed limit. I heeded his advise and slowed way down whenever I got close to that cesspool. More than once I’ve seen the chain gang working along the road there. If that doesn’t send chills up your spine nothing will.

i got a ticket in Boutte and it was such a money grabbing attempt. they tell you some line about oh here is a good price and this will keep it off your record, and they dont allow you to take defensive driving. The fine was just small enough that it wasnt a big deal to pay, and all you have to do is mail it in.

My van driver told me never to even go the limit there but go at least 2 mph under the limit. Up here in Yankee land, the cops stick a gas powered radar sign up flashing your speed if you are over the limit while they nosh at Dunkin doughnuts and text their girl friends. My speedometer is about 2 mph on the fast side which is good to reduce speeding tickets. It’s a shame some jackass place like Golden Meadow acts like Hollywood stereotypical redneck southern town. I’ve had a ball all over the south with great people and really nice folks. Shame on them but it is the law. People need the dash cams and audio feed prove their cases and sue them in Federal court.

Geeze…The coonasses don’t have a monopoly on the speed traps. I 95 is full of them. The worst I’ve seen was crew changing in New Bedford back in '76. The hiway patrol officer would sit in a lawn chair on an overpass with a radar on a tripod, battery, radio and a picnic basket. Several patrol cars working down stream.

My experience in New England is 10 over is the minimum for attention, but usually more like 20 over for a ticket for the highway. My big thing is paying attention to signs, I remember in maine they drop it from 55 to 30 for a quarter mile around a town then right back up. That’s where they get you there. My friends who are LEO’s say their departments prefer to go after expired registrations, licenses, warrants from running plate #'s. Their camera system doesn’t miss running much through the database. Far less effort in court and no he said she said nonsense.

I hit the lottery when I got pulled over in the Meadow by Frank’s a short time ago. I was doing 5mph over the limit, and the “revenue collector” came up to the vehicle and asked for my license, I intentionally pulled out my retired military ID. He told me it was my lucky day because he had been in the military, and we ended up shooting the shit for 10 minutes. So if any of you guys have a retired or reserve ID card and get pulled over, ALWAYS show it accidently. Also, It worked on the Jersey Turnpike about 4 years ago. I had to leave my boat in the city (NYC), which was at the dock, and relieve a co-worker on a boat in Filly, due to a family emergency. Obviously, I was trying to make good time for my shipmate, so he could get off the boat. I was doing 85mph in a 65mph zone and showed the retired military ID to that “revenue collector” as well. He was also ex-military, and I ended up shooting the shit with him too.

[QUOTE=c.captain;150682]
whatever happened to the cops in Lake Charles who used to pull over people on I-10 with plates from the NE just because they were yankees?
.[/QUOTE]

He is now considered a hero.

[I]Are they still working the east side of the bridge in Luling?[/I]

From memory going eastbound, it went from 55 up to 70mph on the bridge, back down to 55 on the east side.
Niiiiice trap.

Why would the speed limit change from the bridge (hazardous?) to the wide open no access elevated causeway at the foot of it? Go figure.

But at least he didn’t care about the daiquiri with the straw cover pulled off …