Golden Meadow, LA speed trap

I’m guessing I’m not the first offshore worker to get a speeding ticket in Golden Meadow on my way to Fourchon. Anyone have any luck in getting fine reduced going to court?

[QUOTE=salt’n steel;69356]I’m guessing I’m not the first offshore worker to get a speeding ticket in Golden Meadow on my way to Fourchon. Anyone have any luck in getting fine reduced going to court?[/QUOTE]
I ain’t been there since '82 but I’d bet my pension check that things haven’t changed much. If you live outside LaFourche Parish, don’t waste your time. Just pay da man!

[QUOTE=injunear;69358]I ain’t been there since '82 but I’d bet my pension check that things haven’t changed much. If you live outside LaFourche Parish, don’t waste your time. Just pay da man![/QUOTE]

What he said!

In the old days before the By Pass it was 30 MPH and they would write you a ticket for 31. Golden Meadow lawmen are criminals.

I was driving the crew change suburban enroute Fourchon and the Seacor Texas (?) in 1991 or so and got pulled over for exactly that: 31 or 32 in a 30 mph zone.

It was like 3 am and the cop was all over my Maine drivers license. We had to follow him back to the police station for some reason now forgotten… I was probably acting like a Yankee college boy wiseass and deserved it.

While in the little police station - I remember the place being cramped with just enough space for a couple desks, a chair or two, and a crowded little door leading to the toilet - I had to fill out all sorts of paperwork tons of wasted time and the rest of the crew had to stand crowded around waiting.

One of the ABs - God bless him- had to use the bathroom, asked politely, then laid the worst smelling excrement in human history in the tiny toilet right where we were working.
When he walked out of the toilet and the noxious fumes filled the tiny crowded police station, the good ol boy cop turned red and started yelling, and then kicked us all out without wasting anymore of our time. He even walked out too and watched us drive away. We were laughing so hard.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

I realize this thread is old. I mainly wanted to add the cost of some of their tickets. My DH got a ticket on 3235, entering Golden Meadow @ 4 am. It was foggy and he didn’t realize the speed limit dropped from 65 to 50. For no reason i might add. Driving by Wal-mart, the red light & all those businesses its 65. Once you pass everything it drops to 50. Speed Trap. Also living in MS we have never been asked for registration. When I told the unfriendly officer I was unsure if the registration was in the vehicle, he didn’t say, well go ahead & look for it because I’m going to issue a citation for failure to carry it. We was headed to Fourchon as well to drop him off. A relative here in MS (who is in law enforcement) tried to contact the issuing officer to see if he might drop it. The Golden Meadow Police Officer never returned his calls. I paid the outrageous ticket today. The cost of their fines are shameful! We will have no choice but to drive through this money hungry, hole. But we will NEVER spend another penny in Golden Meadow. We will drive right on through, going ridiculously slow.

Total*****$439.00******

$200…failure to carry registration (which was in the car all along)
$185…speeding / 12mph over
$29…online processing fee
$25…article 894 (to keep violation off driving record)

You join a what I imagine is a long list of mariners who have subsidized Golden Meadow police budget. (Including me).

[QUOTE=salt’n steel;196144]You join a what I imagine is a long list of mariners who have subsidized Golden Meadow police budget. (Including me).[/QUOTE]

I have managed to avoid it, largely because of the many warnings I have had, including from the local ABS guy (at the time) who was also a Deputy. When the four lane opened, I immediately figured that there would be a speed trap and acted accordingly. . . cruise control and at least ONE MPH below 50. . .