Going to louisiana...need advice

I’m flying tomorrow to Louisiana to visit Harvey gulf and ECO. Any other offshore companies, preferably with unlimited tonnage vessels I should visit? thanks in advance.

Also Harvey has an office in new Orleans and galliano. Which office should I go to?

For Harvey Gulf, it is the office in Galliano. New Orleans is the Corp. Office.

GOL in Mathews is a pretty good company.

Wont find too much luck besides ECO and HOS with U/L vessels out of Louisiana.

Otto Candies is another outfit down there. I think they are in des Allemands.

[QUOTE=CaptRob1;61594]For Harvey Gulf, it is the office in Galliano. New Orleans is the Corp. Office.

GOL in Mathews is a pretty good company.

Wont find too much luck besides ECO and HOS with U/L vessels out of Louisiana.[/QUOTE]

GOL has a main office in Galliano.
Alex Griffin is the contact person.

HOS is in Covington.

Otto Candies is in Des Allemands.

These companies have been hiring.

Best wishes to all of you.
Claudette

We don’t have any unlimited vessels at GOL and our first 6000itc vessel is still pretty far away.

Well I got a AB position at ECO this morning. Thanks for the advice.

Congrats bro !!!

Congratulations!

[QUOTE=mb05j;61725]Well I got a AB position at ECO this morning. Thanks for the advice.[/QUOTE]

Yes, he stayed at “A Chateau on the Bayou B&B” and met with Nicky Collins first thing the next morning and was hired.'
Right place at the right time; Nicky needed 2 AB’s
It was nice having you as a guest at my B&B and nice to know that my postings on gcaptain are helpful to guys like you.
Also, had a 1600 ton Capt. from San Diego, stay at my B&B last week while taking DP classes at the ECO training facility.
He learned about my B&B from anothe ECO employee.
They are hiring down in Louisiaina and “you don’t have to know anyone”!!!
If I can be of help to anyone else searching for a job or attending school at ECO training center or Lafourche Merchant Marine training center in Raceland, please PM or contact me through my website at http://www.achateauonthebayou.com
OR: go to my Facebook page and “Like” it.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/A-Chateau-On-The-Bayou-Bed-Breakfast-Claudette-L-Pitre/121896531157165
Best to all of you,
Claudette

[QUOTE=water;61784]Congratulations![/QUOTE]

Hey Water,
Nice to see you on gcaptain since I don’t get to see you much, anymore.
After staying with me on and off for 2 years while taking classes in the area, it is nice to know that you have achieved your goals.
Great job for a great guy.

Ms. Claudette:

Glad to hear your guests are getting hired!

I’ve been passing the name of your B&B to anyone I know that is heading to LA for work. Glad you are keeping busy.

Hey, and I still have a number of goals to go. Too young to quit having goals now :wink:

[QUOTE=water;61798]Ms. Claudette:

Glad to hear your guests are getting hired!

I’ve been passing the name of your B&B to anyone I know that is heading to LA for work. Glad you are keeping busy.

Hey, and I still have a number of goals to go. Too young to quit having goals now ;-)[/QUOTE]

Yes, you’ re right. We all have goals in life.
Life is good.
Wishing you and your family a great 2012.

If one was to show up looking for work, what would be the best day of the week to do that?

I’d suggest getting to LA on a Sunday, get settled in, and be at the door of the first company at 0800 Monday. That will give you the whole week without having the expense of an unproductive weekend.

And some companies close at noon on Friday.

I would wait until Monday afternoon. Most companies have a Monday morning meeting where they go over what went on over the weekend and upcoming stuff for the week.