Global

[QUOTE=Azimuth;59375]They called, we talked. a week later (Dec 9th), I received an email offer (3rd DPO) if I could join the 1200 by Dec 11th. I didn’t jump because Alliance had not answered several of my questions. Haven’t heard from
them since. They seem to be chasing their tail a little bit.[/QUOTE]

They’ve called me back twice, in the last two weeks for the same position. I had the same response: at this point, they must be desperate and who wants to work for folks like that, especially if you already have steady work!

Honest advice, hahahaha!!! Like the low blow English 101!!!

But anyway I only said what my three friends said. They do like it! and now they are getting more money! Starting January first!

this is the official Asus fix

[QUOTE=Azimuth;59375]They called, we talked. a week later (Dec 9th), I received an email offer (3rd DPO) if I could join the 1200 by Dec 11th. I didn’t jump because Alliance had not answered several of my questions. Haven’t heard from
them since. They seem to be chasing their tail a little bit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. They’ve called me 3 times since then. But given what I know, I’ve turned them down each time. I noticed they’re once again looking for a full crew. Re-crewing at every port must make it hard to conduct business. Well, at least now they can start hiring foreigners…

First, all positions on the vessel recieve the highest pay around.

OS 250 AB 325 Bosun 390 3d mates at i was told 500+

NMMC of scotland has the manning contract, they sub contracted Alliance for the US manning. Alliance prescreens and benefits admin, NMMC does all the rest including transportation to and from the vessel. Crowley has the US based Management of vessel

They had an issue with the mission control panel on board, I refer to it as follows

Dec 18, 2011, Chief Marine electrician hospitalized after engaging Mission Control panel
Dec 20, 2011, Interim Chief Marine Electician and an Assistant hospitalized after engaging recently repaired Mission Control Panel
Dec 24, 2011, Entire Marine Electrical department casting lots to see who engages recently re-repair Mission Control Panel

One of the electricians stated that everyone knew who would engage the panel, The person who said it is fixed

All said in humor of course…

After 2 months of research and tests the vessel departed for sea trials and returned. The data from the logging is being reviewed and the vessel is well on way to service in Ghana as planned for June

As far as working for the miriad of different companies, overall it aint bad bud. We being the best paid. Under the current general work conditions, we all do the usual bitching but none of us are about to leave this job. I have been working on the G1200 for the last 5 months with a 1 year contract. Although I am confident of the tenure, We will see when the first of the contracts come due in July whether or not we continue on…

J